2020 Olive Green Prospector XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ExpoCrawler View Post
    Rainy camping trip. Even pulling a trailer, we didn't slide around as much as the Jeeps and Toyotas with AT tires. I love this thing so much.
    Awesome shot! Glad to hear you had a good trip and that the PXL performed so well. After ordering mine on Dec 30th, I'm picking up my Olive Green PXL on Monday, July 5th!! Can't wait!

Comment

Got it!! And now the chrome delete and upgrades begin....
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0604.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	3.67 MB
ID:	266420

Comment

Congrats! Definitely makes me glad I ditched the chrome!

Comment

Originally posted by ExpoCrawler View Post
          Congrats! Definitely makes me glad I ditched the chrome!
          Thank you! Yes, that chrome is really in your face! I've got the new grille, heading to a paint shop today to get the inserts color matched to the grille. Still haven't decided whether to dip the mirrors or replace. Probably going to end up replacing them, I'm too anal to deal with a mediocre dip job!

Comment

Build update: Got the HAM radio installed, went pretty smoothly, and works great. APRS beacons are pretty cool. I will never install a CB again.
            Attached Files

Comment

Build update 2: Got some awesome Apex swaybar disconnects installed, first set on the Ram platform. We couldn't make it work with the stock swaybar, had to use an aftermarket one. The passenger side link does not have a lot of room. Also had to drill/tap new holes in the AEV swaybar spacers 1/2" behind the originals, and mill a chamfer in the aftermarket bar. All-in-all not too bad, and finished in a day. I did leave him my stock bar so he can work on a solution for guys who don't want to change swaybars.
              Attached Files

Comment

What brand is the mount you used for the HAM and phone holder? Specifically the base that you have that is in the dash cubby.

Comment

Originally posted by tschingeck View Post
                  What brand is the mount you used for the HAM and phone holder? Specifically the base that you have that is in the dash cubby.
                  The dash mount is from Bulletpoint Mounting Solutions. Pretty simple install, and has been working well so far.

Comment

Ran Spring Creek yesterday. Really felt the size of this thing vs a Jeep. Gearing is a problem for technical crawling, but we got through. Disconnected both swaybars this time, and felt way more stable.
                    Attached Files

Comment

ExpoCrawler Do you have swayer disconnects or are you going manual here? Not questioning you, really just trying to learn what works and what's possible. Great shots and certainly must have been a relief to get through that trail!

Comment

Originally posted by jcourant1 View Post
                        ExpoCrawler Do you have swayer disconnects or are you going manual here? Not questioning you, really just trying to learn what works and what's possible. Great shots and certainly must have been a relief to get through that trail!
                        I have Apex Designs Autolynx disconnects in the front, first set on a Ram platform. They're awesome, pics a couple posts up. The geometry is tricky with the AEV Suspension, and I had to do an aftermarket swaybar to make everything clear. I left my stock swaybar at Apex so he could work on a solution for the stock bar. For the rear I just removed one end link to test it out. Gained a couple more inches of travel, so I'm talking to Apex about making disconnects for the rear as well.

Comment

ExpoCrawler That is a very cool set-up, thanks for sharing that! I have finally finished deleting the chrome on mine and need to post pics. Have fun out there!

Comment

Originally posted by jcourant1 View Post
                            ExpoCrawler That is a very cool set-up, thanks for sharing that! I have finally finished deleting the chrome on mine and need to post pics. Have fun out there!
                            I saw your smart cap on Instagram, looks really good. Thought about color matching?

Comment

ExpoCrawler Thanks, I'm loving the SmartCap! And so glad its steel, I backed into an overhead in our garage and put a little dent (which I mostly pounded out), but if that was fiberglass, it would have been game over! I actually like the color contrast of the olive and the black and it really goes well with the rest of the black, mirrors, grille, high mark flares, etc. I added rocker panel graphics as well. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0804.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	5.17 MB
ID:	266960 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0820.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	4.32 MB
ID:	266961

Comment

After reading this thread I just wanted to say thank you guys so much for posting the pictures and the information! Not only did you make my day but you gave me some useful information for future build ideas. So helpful!

Comment

Working...
                                X