No announcement yet.

2020 Olive Green Prospector XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ExpoCrawler How are those seat covers holding up? Thinking its time I get something on the leather. Any dislikes that would prevent you from buying them again?

Comment

Originally posted by tschingeck View Post
      ExpoCrawler How are those seat covers holding up? Thinking its time I get something on the leather. Any dislikes that would prevent you from buying them again?
      So far I still like them. They breathe way better than the Wet Okole covers we have in the Jeep, and seem to be fairly easy to keep clean. Removing dog hair is still a bit of a hassle, but better than a lot of fabrics. The Coyote color goes well with the mountain brown interior.

Vaguely related: We tried out the fancy ceramic window tint on all windows, which is supposed to block something like 80% of sun heat. I'm super impressed, and made a nice difference for a week in the desert.

Comment

Went winter camping. The amount of snow this thing can bust through is incredible. Even towing the trailer, it was the best rig for breaking trail.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ExpoCrawler View Post
          Went winter camping. The amount of snow this thing can bust through is incredible. Even towing the trailer, it was the best rig for breaking trail.
          Kickass.

Comment

Got out to Sand Hollow for Fullsize Invasion. You better know what you're doing if you want to wheel with that crowd. Prospector did great, despite the lack of lockers. Disconnecting the swaybars makes a big difference.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ExpoCrawler View Post
              Got out to Sand Hollow for Fullsize Invasion. You better know what you're doing if you want to wheel with that crowd. Prospector did great, despite the lack of lockers. Disconnecting the swaybars makes a big difference.
              Ha! I saw the XL in their feed on Instagram and wondered if it was someone here. Looks like a blast, and yeah, some of what they're rolling over looks like it takes more skill and bigger cojones that I have!

Comment

You were the star of the reel yesterday, they’re out at Idaho Overland this weekend I think and I’m super envious. Looks like they’re coming out here to Pismo in December and I will definitely join for this.

Comment

The Idaho event is at the end of June. Trying to convince my wife to go, but it's a long drive. I won't be at Pismo, but that should be a fun one.

Comment

Added Apex swaybar disconnects to the rear. Bolted right on, but you need to add springs to keep the bar from drooping. The links are a bit shorter than the AEV links, so I'll probably make a drop bracket for the frame side
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by ExpoCrawler View Post
                      Added Apex swaybar disconnects to the rear. Bolted right on, but you need to add springs to keep the bar from drooping. The links are a bit shorter than the AEV links, so I'll probably make a drop bracket for the frame side
                      Always good to see you experimenting with new stuff on the PXL. Are those the 8" or 10.5" size? I'm assuming these are the longer versions already. How much increase in flex did you notice? I've been doing a bit of side research about the difference between a disconnect like this vs an off-road sway bar like the Antirock.

Comment

• Originally posted by PorkChopExpress View Post

Always good to see you experimenting with new stuff on the PXL. Are those the 8" or 10.5" size? I'm assuming these are the longer versions already. How much increase in flex did you notice? I've been doing a bit of side research about the difference between a disconnect like this vs an off-road sway bar like the Antirock.
                        They are the 10.5" links. They gained about 2.5" of height on the forklift. I'd say the bigger difference (this is from experience with the rear removed, have not wheeled with the autolynx yet) is how it feels offroad. The transitions are smoother and it feels more planted and stable.

Comment

• Awesome feedback, please report back after you get some dirt time and let us know your thoughts.

Comment

• Got the snorkel and pre-filter installed. No, I don't plan any 6' water crossings. I installed it to keep the intake air as clean as possible.

That's a lie. Like everyone that installs a snorkel, I did it because it looks cool
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Looks awesome! I had them modify my order to add the snorkel w/ pre-filter on the day it was announced. And you're right, the extra air filtering is just a bonus, it's all about the looks. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X