Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Tradesman with AEV bits

Good afternoon

Just sharing my tradesman that I have done some stuff to.

AEV Bumper
    warn m12s
    baja designs fogs behind stock bezels
    bushwacker oem style flares
    18x9 +18 Battleborn echo wheels
    285/75-18 (35x11.50) ridge grapplers
    Fox 2.0 shocks, stock springs.
    Calibrated with aev procal
    Last edited by Rockcrawlerdude; 01-12-2021, 11:05 AM.

FYI the Baja designs squadron kit is available in SAE street legal. It’s the kit for the halogen big horn trucks.

AEV doesn’t make a fog light kit for this bumper, my tradesman had factory block off plates.

If you want to add these fog lights to the bumper you need the factory bezels from a truck that has halogen fogs and doesn’t have park sensors.

You will also need to mounting brackets for the factory halogen fog lights.

looks like the pics uploaded in a funny order but I hope this helps someone.

Comment

And the bezels

Comment

Well thanks for doing all the hard work for me regarding fog lights on a Tradesman with an AEV bumper - that is the direction I am heading. How did you solve the wiring issue and are you using the factory headlight control with the fog light switch?

Comment

Originally posted by ramblinChet View Post
          Well thanks for doing all the hard work for me regarding fog lights on a Tradesman with an AEV bumper - that is the direction I am heading. How did you solve the wiring issue and are you using the factory headlight control with the fog light switch?
          glad it helped. Helping one person makes it worth the time it took to register for the forum and post up.

As far as the wiring, I took the simple lazy approach. I made a harness with a relay and I ran that to the battery while taking signal from the parking lights. My fogs come on with the auto headlights or when I have the parking lights on, they also stay on with the high beams.

Comment

Since my original post, I added “night edition”
            bighorn headlights with the black bezels.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks great! It seems like a small thing, but it really completes the look.

Comment

You're truck looks great! I have a PXL on the way and want to switch out the grille to black. Any issues removing the grille and lower trim pieces with the AEV bumper in place??

Comment

Originally posted by jcourant1 View Post
                  You're truck looks great! I have a PXL on the way and want to switch out the grille to black. Any issues removing the grille and lower trim pieces with the AEV bumper in place??
                  Thanks for the comments. In order to remove the grille, I had to remove the bumper’s upper tube and the plastic bumper guards that go over the tube and recovery points. Hopefully you can see that in the pics i attached. But, that’s a pretty quick job once you pop the fog light bezels out
                  Last edited by Rockcrawlerdude; 02-19-2021, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ramblinChet View Post
                    Can’t wait to see your truck when you receive it and to follow your build

Comment

Rockcrawlerdude That is so helpful, thank you!! Looks like the fog light bezels just pop out of retention clips? I'm so glad to know its possible without removing the entire bumper. I will have the 30 in light bar in there as well, but that may not even be an issue. Do the plastic tube guards just clip in as well? Thanks so much! Love your build! Mine supposedly ships from Saltillo to AEV next Wed!

Comment

It’s nice that the 19+ have a secure connection. From the installation manual, it appears the fog light bezel is bolted in. The 13 - 18 requires RTV to secure to the fog light bezel to the bumper (lame).

Comment

i have a Laramie PXL being built now and am wanting to add BD lights to bumper. Aev has told me that they use the factory fog light mount, can I then just get the baja designs kit and that's it? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jcourant1 View Post
                            Rockcrawlerdude That is so helpful, thank you!! Looks like the fog light bezels just pop out of retention clips? I'm so glad to know its possible without removing the entire bumper. I will have the 30 in light bar in there as well, but that may not even be an issue. Do the plastic tube guards just clip in as well? Thanks so much! Love your build! Mine supposedly ships from Saltillo to AEV next Wed!
                            The fog bezels bolt to the plastic bezel surround (supplied by aev) using the factory square nuts (reused) and that entire bezel assembly clips into the bumper with 6 or so clips.

The plastic tube guards bolt with 6x 10mm bolts and the upper tube has two hex drive bolts holding it in and has to come off with the plastic tube guards because they somewhat interlock.

thanks for the comments. Im waiting on a topper and I have a 1” front lift to install and then I think it’ll be “done”

Comment

Originally posted by ditchman View Post
                              i have a Laramie PXL being built now and am wanting to add BD lights to bumper. Aev has told me that they use the factory fog light mount, can I then just get the baja designs kit and that's it? Thanks
                              Assuming the Laramie has fog lights already, then yes, it will be plug and play for you.

Baja Designs makes two different kits. One for halogen fog trucks and one for LED fog trucks. Each kit is plug and play for its respective truck.

I had to source parts because my truck didn’t have fog lights at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X