Leave a comment:

• ditchman
    replied
    thanks for the info, it is much appreciated

Leave a comment:

• jcourant1
    replied
    Originally posted by Rockcrawlerdude View Post

The fog bezels bolt to the plastic bezel surround (supplied by aev) using the factory square nuts (reused) and that entire bezel assembly clips into the bumper with 6 or so clips.

The plastic tube guards bolt with 6x 10mm bolts and the upper tube has two hex drive bolts holding it in and has to come off with the plastic tube guards because they somewhat interlock.

thanks for the comments. Im waiting on a topper and I have a 1” front lift to install and then I think it’ll be “done”
    Incredibly helpful details, thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

• Rockcrawlerdude
    replied
    12,000 miles on her now. Love the truck. A little over 2,000 miles has been towing the Toyota behind it. That number will increase hopefully soon.

waiting on my ARE Overland topper. Not many more mods left on the list but that list is constantly evolving.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AFAFBE24-C1C8-4E15-8030-875A0733D02E.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	3.50 MB
ID:	265113

Leave a comment:

• Rockcrawlerdude
    replied
    Originally posted by ditchman View Post
    i have a Laramie PXL being built now and am wanting to add BD lights to bumper. Aev has told me that they use the factory fog light mount, can I then just get the baja designs kit and that's it? Thanks
    Assuming the Laramie has fog lights already, then yes, it will be plug and play for you.

Baja Designs makes two different kits. One for halogen fog trucks and one for LED fog trucks. Each kit is plug and play for its respective truck.

I had to source parts because my truck didn’t have fog lights at all.

Leave a comment:

• Rockcrawlerdude
    replied
    Originally posted by jcourant1 View Post
    Rockcrawlerdude That is so helpful, thank you!! Looks like the fog light bezels just pop out of retention clips? I'm so glad to know its possible without removing the entire bumper. I will have the 30 in light bar in there as well, but that may not even be an issue. Do the plastic tube guards just clip in as well? Thanks so much! Love your build! Mine supposedly ships from Saltillo to AEV next Wed!
    The fog bezels bolt to the plastic bezel surround (supplied by aev) using the factory square nuts (reused) and that entire bezel assembly clips into the bumper with 6 or so clips.

The plastic tube guards bolt with 6x 10mm bolts and the upper tube has two hex drive bolts holding it in and has to come off with the plastic tube guards because they somewhat interlock.

thanks for the comments. Im waiting on a topper and I have a 1” front lift to install and then I think it’ll be “done”

Leave a comment:

• ditchman
    replied
    i have a Laramie PXL being built now and am wanting to add BD lights to bumper. Aev has told me that they use the factory fog light mount, can I then just get the baja designs kit and that's it? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• ffejer78
    replied
    It’s nice that the 19+ have a secure connection. From the installation manual, it appears the fog light bezel is bolted in. The 13 - 18 requires RTV to secure to the fog light bezel to the bumper (lame).

Leave a comment:

• jcourant1
    replied
    Rockcrawlerdude That is so helpful, thank you!! Looks like the fog light bezels just pop out of retention clips? I'm so glad to know its possible without removing the entire bumper. I will have the 30 in light bar in there as well, but that may not even be an issue. Do the plastic tube guards just clip in as well? Thanks so much! Love your build! Mine supposedly ships from Saltillo to AEV next Wed!

Leave a comment:

• Rockcrawlerdude
    replied
    Originally posted by ramblinChet View Post
    Well thanks for doing all the hard work for me regarding fog lights on a Tradesman with an AEV bumper - that is the direction I am heading. How did you solve the wiring issue and are you using the factory headlight control with the fog light switch?
    Can’t wait to see your truck when you receive it and to follow your build

Leave a comment:

• Rockcrawlerdude
    replied
    Originally posted by jcourant1 View Post
    You're truck looks great! I have a PXL on the way and want to switch out the grille to black. Any issues removing the grille and lower trim pieces with the AEV bumper in place??
    Thanks for the comments. In order to remove the grille, I had to remove the bumper’s upper tube and the plastic bumper guards that go over the tube and recovery points. Hopefully you can see that in the pics i attached. But, that’s a pretty quick job once you pop the fog light bezels out
    Last edited by Rockcrawlerdude; 02-19-2021, 12:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jcourant1
    replied
    You're truck looks great! I have a PXL on the way and want to switch out the grille to black. Any issues removing the grille and lower trim pieces with the AEV bumper in place??

Leave a comment:

• ExpoCrawler
    replied
    Looks great! It seems like a small thing, but it really completes the look.

Leave a comment:

• Rockcrawlerdude
    replied
    Since my original post, I added “night edition”
    bighorn headlights with the black bezels.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X