2021 Prospector XL accesory need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Prospector XL accesory need

I am close to the delivery of my PXL Mega Cab and I am wanting to know about what are the best additions and accessories that people have made to there trucks. thanks

I'm jealous. My order goes in on Monday. My first non-AEV mods will be lighting (considering LP9 on the winch bar from Baja Designs and rigid 10" spots on the bed rack). Which leads me to my next mods...Nuthouse bed rack (compatible with Rambox), bed slide, and coiling bed cover. Bed rack will eventually hold a iKamper skycap 2.0.

Comment

Depends on what you ordered...but, I would consider the following:

-gearing if you didn’t have it done already,
      -a Jack that will work (since the bottle jacks are useless on trucks with tires this big),
      -removing the thermodynamic transmission coolant valve,
      -amp steps if you didn’t get them,
      -recovery gear (shackles, snatch blocks, etc.) so you can actually use your winch if you get stuck,
      -diesel fuel cap lock.

After that...if you have the funds, I’d throw a license plate frame that says “no fat chicks, they make my truck scrape” on and you’re set! Just my $0.02.

Comment

Lockers if and when they become available .

"Don't wish for it,work for it."
        2014 Ram Power Wagon

Comment

Are gears available for the 5th gen rams? I don't understand how you can put 40s on a truck with stock gears, diesel or not.
          14 Ram 3500 CCLB, CTD, Auto, AEV lift, Saltas, 37" KO2s, ARB lockers, ARB dual compressor, 2 gallon air tank, Nitro, 4.30 gears, Amsoil everywhere, switch pros 8100

Comment

From what I gather NO gears ar available right now. I have talked to multiple people that own PXL and they all say power is acceptable but not optimal. I guess ill have to wait on lockers and gears.

Comment

I have a 21 PXL megacab with Diesel... like you said.. it works in the interim.. but will need gears for how I really want to use this truck.. hauled my 27' Airstream for 1k miles... did fine.. monitored Trans temp and they never came up which was good to know. I spoke to Nitro and they said at least another year or two our for Gen 5 gearing...
              Attached Files

Comment

Glad to hear it!!!! It will work until they are availble , did you do the exhaust tip?

Comment

anybody used a DECKED or Truck Vault drawer systems in a PXL? Just wondering how the Height affects the system.

Comment

I have a decked system...the height has zero affect on the function of the system. Your back may disagree during the installation / removal, but it will function the same. I love my system, just know that it cracks fairly easy with zero load on it.they already sent me replacement parts but it is cracking again. It’s only good for about a year / year and a half. Also, if you put a full sized spare (i.e. 37 x 12.5) in the bed (without a topper), it will stick up above the bed rails approximately 6 - 8 inches depending on the mounting system you use. Sits pretty proud to the bed rails.
                    Last edited by ffejer78; 02-28-2021, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ffejer78 View Post
                      Depends on what you ordered...but, I would consider the following:

-gearing if you didn’t have it done already,
                      -a Jack that will work (since the bottle jacks are useless on trucks with tires this big),
                      -removing the thermodynamic transmission coolant valve,
                      -amp steps if you didn’t get them,
                      -recovery gear (shackles, snatch blocks, etc.) so you can actually use your winch if you get stuck,
                      -diesel fuel cap lock.

After that...if you have the funds, I’d throw a license plate frame that says “no fat chicks, they make my truck scrape” on and you’re set! Just my $0.02.
                      Does anyone have a solution for a good jack or solution other than tossing a good jack in the bed. My AEV Wrangler had a block to elevate the base of the stock jack. Is there a similar integrated solution for the PXL?

Comment

Originally posted by Ignore Amos View Post
                        I have a 21 PXL megacab with Diesel... like you said.. it works in the interim.. but will need gears for how I really want to use this truck.. hauled my 27' Airstream for 1k miles... did fine.. monitored Trans temp and they never came up which was good to know. I spoke to Nitro and they said at least another year or two our for Gen 5 gearing...
                        Very nice truck - can you share the details of the light bar you're running up front? I prefer running a curved bar up front (for an aesthetic purpose as well as pushing at least a little more light to the sides).

Comment

Originally posted by Thrust View Post

Does anyone have a solution for a good jack or solution other than tossing a good jack in the bed. My AEV Wrangler had a block to elevate the base of the stock jack. Is there a similar integrated solution for the PXL?
                          I have a high lift jack. Seems most people use that. Just be careful before buying...I wrote up my experience in another thread so I won’t reiterate it here. Not the most stable in my opinion. Arb has one for a ton more money. I don’t know about how well they work.
                          Last edited by ffejer78; 03-01-2021, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrust View Post

I haven't tried to use the factory jack on the Ram, I suspect at the least you need to carry a sizeable block to lift a PXL. I would recommend carrying a good bottle jack, a base, and a couple adapters/extensions. I like the Pro Eagle jack that some people have started carrying, but I'm not sure a big 60 lb floor jack is justified for the occasional puncture or trail repair.

Comment

Working...
                            X