VERTICAL TIRE MOUNT for 2003+ HD Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERTICAL TIRE MOUNT for 2003+ HD Ram

I see on the product site this item is out of stock. When do you expect one to be available? Thanks.

Originally posted by Heater View Post
    I see on the product site this item is out of stock. When do you expect one to be available? Thanks.
    this guy said he has some in stock. I he is on facebook and today said he had some.
    https://8lugtruckgear.com

Comment

Thanks for help. Only problem is the carrier is not compatible with rambox. Even though the AEV page for the item says it is, the instructions say it isn’t. I confirmed with customer service it is not compatible. Was not given a reason why it isn’t. I’m thinking the antenna and flag mounts won’t be usable if installed in the location shown in the install instructions? I don’t plan to use those anyway, and could probably move the carrier to the right to mount more under the rear sliding window? The rambox lids stops vertical so hitting the tire isn’t a concern. Can anyone help verify the carrier can be mounted if moved to the right?

Thanks.

Comment

Can someone from AEV help me with my question - why is this item not compatible with the ram box?

Comment

Originally posted by Heater View Post
          Can someone from AEV help me with my question - why is this item not compatible with the ram box?
          I doubt anybody from AEV will help you here as this forum is pretty much dead. Call the tech line and ask them.

Comment

I looked at mine today. I don't see why you couldn't move it more towards the middle.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for checking. Maybe it has something to do with the front of the bed bulkhead strength and /or it will block the cargo camera some.

Comment

Could be a strength thing, but seems unlikely. The span should be shorter with Ram boxes. Mine blocks most of the cargo camera anyway.
                Attached Files

Comment

Contrary to the product instructions and AEV support, this item does fit with the Rambox option. The poly cone that comes with it is very small but the AEV product site states:

If you are using an aftermarket wheel with a hub bore larger than 3 5/8″ with the Ram Vertical Tire Mount, we recommend also purchasing Wilco Off-road poly cone part number# UC60702.

I contacted Wilco on that part and it is the same cone used for the Tacoma carrier and looks about as small as the AEV one, they didn’t have dimensions available to give me and it was $55 + shipping. The one I found that does work on the OEM spare wheel is this one:

https://www.kartek.com/parts/replace...1516-hole.html

It costs less than half of the Wilco one with $9.99 shipping.

It would be helpful AEV if you would support customer questions, provide an option for a wheel cone that fits and actually analyze product fit. for a $399 item I’m very disappointed in the customer experience.

By the way the Schlage 12mm cinch ring security chain and kryptonite New York lock works well to secure it.

Overall the install was easier than expected and is solid.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20CF18A3-E215-44E6-ADA7-942C82E8F6CD.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	265406

Comment

My truck, to be delivered shortly, has the vertical spare mount in the Rambox bed straight from AEV.

I think they’re not separately orderable yet, maybe insufficient stock, but you can order a truck with it today.

Comment

Working...
                    X