40" Tire rotation & Alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40" Tire rotation & Alignment

I own a '17 PXL. Looking to rotate my massive 40" tires. I usually do this on all my cars present and in the past every 5k to extend their life and make sure they wear evenly. A Local AEV dealer said I would need to rebalance and align all four. I am accustom to rotating and aligning together but I've never heard of having to rebalance every time you rotate....seems excessive. Anybody else do this? They also mentioned there may be issues with aligning because of something AEV does with the suspension when they do the build...dont remember the specifics. Anyone heard that one before? haha
    2017 Ram 2500 Diesel MegaCab, Black, AEV PXL
    2018 JKU Rubicon, Gray, AEV JK350 WannaBe
    2016 Ram 2500 Diesel, White, AEV Parts
    2014 JKU Sahara, White, 35's, AEV parts

I wouldn't bother balancing unless you have a vibration. A lot of shops can't even balance 40s. Probably wouldn't worry too much about alignment either, all they can really adjust is Toe.

Comment

Originally posted by HeloDriver11 View Post
      I own a '17 PXL. Looking to rotate my massive 40" tires. I usually do this on all my cars present and in the past every 5k to extend their life and make sure they wear evenly. A Local AEV dealer said I would need to rebalance and align all four. I am accustom to rotating and aligning together but I've never heard of having to rebalance every time you rotate....seems excessive. Anybody else do this? They also mentioned there may be issues with aligning because of something AEV does with the suspension when they do the build...dont remember the specifics. Anyone heard that one before? haha
      Dealer telling you to realign every 5000 miles? Um, no. I’d call AEV to make sure but smells like a crazy money grab (or like they don’t want to expend the effort rotating 40s for what they usually charge for rotation).

Comment

Originally posted by ExpoCrawler View Post
        I wouldn't bother balancing unless you have a vibration. A lot of shops can't even balance 40s. Probably wouldn't worry too much about alignment either, all they can really adjust is Toe.
        Thanks for the input. Yea no vibration here. The beast drives like a dream....well, a dream on 40's that is, still great though. I only bring it up because the local AEV dealer mentioned it and I found it odd. Yea not many options for working with 40's. This is one of the few who can do it in my area (East Coast). Semi-truck service shops or AEV dealers seem to be the only options.

JimlnHB: The shop is not telling me to do realign every 5k. I rotate tires on my cars usually every 5k-9k. I was just looking to rotate my tires (and mount/balance a spare rim I just bought) and the shop brought up rebalancing and aligning. Again, found it odd, but this is my first PXL and first car with 40's. It wouldn't surprise me to have some funky sh*t I have to do, its usually the case on specialty vehicles.
        2017 Ram 2500 Diesel MegaCab, Black, AEV PXL
        2018 JKU Rubicon, Gray, AEV JK350 WannaBe
        2016 Ram 2500 Diesel, White, AEV Parts
        2014 JKU Sahara, White, 35's, AEV parts

Comment

Working...
        X