2021 PXL 2500 Chassis- Stiffer rear springs suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 PXL 2500 Chassis- Stiffer rear springs suggestions

Anybody had to use heavier springs for correcting for a heavier buildout or camper? Any suggestions?

A common recommendation I see is to add airbags. I believe Carli and maybe some others make a long travel version that would pair well with a lifted truck like this.

Comment

I use a set of Air Lift 5000lb air bags. I have a heavy Ram2500 with a Four Wheel Camper. My truck comes in at almost 11,000lbs loaded.
      Attached Files

Comment

I need to check on the longer travel issue here. I think the PXL is a 2" lift in the rear but I want the airshocks to hinder axle articulation as little as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase Jiannalone View Post
          I need to check on the longer travel issue here. I think the PXL is a 2" lift in the rear but I want the airshocks to hinder axle articulation as little as possible.
          The long-travel air bags are good this way, but just as an FYI since you can have the PXL modifications done on a truck equipped with factory airbags, I believe the modification there is to simply use pillow blocks and longer bolts. I only mention it to say that I don't think long-travel airbags are *required*, just a nice option since you're not spending a lot extra for them.

Comment

Just to close this thread.
            I had Devil Mtn Diesel in Walnut Creek-Mark try to install airbags on my PXL and we found out they don't fit due to the track bar interfering. We ended up installing the Carli +2 HD Springs
            At first install he pulled the lift block from AEV which is 2", but it sagged too much. So we put it back in and now it sits maybe 1/2-1" taller with a very slight rake. But that works better when loaded. These springs are excellent. Not as soft a ride as before but acceptable considering the loads.
            When I purchase new shocks someday it would be a good idea to go with a 2.5-3"King or Fox setup with some damping settings for stiffer springs. I was told by AEV that the 8100 shocks they sell have lighter damping setups for higher speeds not slow and heavy overlander setups. Slightly more compression and rebound maybe appropriate..

Comment

Originally posted by Chase Jiannalone View Post
              . I was told by AEV that the 8100 shocks they sell have lighter damping setups for higher speeds not slow and heavy overlander setups. Slightly more compression and rebound maybe appropriate..
              That seems like the opposite of what they should have done. Who is driving these off-road primarily at high speed?

Comment

Originally posted by desertfox73 View Post

That seems like the opposite of what they should have done. Who is driving these off-road primarily at high speed?
                The correct statement you should have received is...
                • Ride and handling are not drastically different from 5100 in normal driving. The difference becomes more evident the harder they’re pushed, whether it’s weight, terrain, aggressive driving, or all of the above. They provide more control over a wider and more severe range of use. They’re ideal for heavily loaded vehicles but can be used on anything from mild to wild. These are the optimal dampers for our High Capacity springs due to their ability to control body motion across a wider range.
                ​You may not have received accurate information from whoever you spoke to.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate.Hamm View Post

The correct statement you should have received is...
                  • Ride and handling are not drastically different from 5100 in normal driving. The difference becomes more evident the harder they’re pushed, whether it’s weight, terrain, aggressive driving, or all of the above. They provide more control over a wider and more severe range of use. They’re ideal for heavily loaded vehicles but can be used on anything from mild to wild. These are the optimal dampers for our High Capacity springs due to their ability to control body motion across a wider range.
                  ​You may not have received accurate information from whoever you spoke to.
                  Nate- It wasn't you so possibly yes. The person told me that in response to running heavier rate springs. Good to see you on here! When the time comes I may reconsider the 8100's . If available.

Comment

Working...
                  X