Prospector with Aisan tranny gearing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospector with Aisan tranny gearing question

The 2015 (3500) ram diesels come with choice of 68rfe or aisan tranny. 68rfe has a 3.42 gear and optional 4.10.

Aisan has a 3.42 but no option for a 4.10. The aisan delivers 865 lbs of torque and has a short gear at lower end (so people say).

The prospector is built with 37 and optional 4.10, that might be the right gear for the 68rfe but is that also the right gear for the aisan or is it too much?

I dont want to end up like my old Power Wagon where my rpm's at highway speeds are so high the mpg starts to become way too low.

Thanks
    2015 Ram 3500 Prospector
    2011 Hemi JK Wrangler

If you choose Dual Rear Wheel it gives you the option of 4.10's with either tranny I believe

Pete

Comment

Yeah, you only have the gearing choice with the DRW.

4.10 with 37s is fine with the 68RFE. I haven't driven the Aisin with the 4.10s/37s yet.

dh
      2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
      2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
      2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
      2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

i'm about to build a srw 3500 cummins with the aisin trans. all AEV stuff but i'm using the carli torsion sway bar and i'm running 37" toyo mt's. we are going to the factory 4.10 gear set.

if this is not needed due to the gearing being different this would save me a good chunk of coin obviously. my truck has the 3.42 gear set i believe its a laramie limited i didn't see an option for 4.10's from the factory on the srw 3500 which is sort of weird to be honest as the trans is a 3 thousand dollar option.

Comment

The Asian transmission is awesome......especially if you are planing on towing.
          Attached Files

Comment

i have the aisin trans in my 2015 single rear wheel 3500 and i'm rehearing to 4.10 the factory gears just won't cut it with 37' tires. its not like the power isn't going to be there but i can imagine the trans hunting around for the right gear way to much. also i want to keep the big cummins in its sweet spot.

ok auto 4x4 is doing the build out with a few big differences from the prospector package should be a very cool truck when its all done, i can't wait to share it with y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by stunt man hans View Post
              i have the aisin trans in my 2015 single rear wheel 3500 and i'm rehearing to 4.10 the factory gears just won't cut it with 37' tires. its not like the power isn't going to be there but i can imagine the trans hunting around for the right gear way to much. also i want to keep the big cummins in its sweet spot.

ok auto 4x4 is doing the build out with a few big differences from the prospector package should be a very cool truck when its all done, i can't wait to share it with y'all.
              Did you have the 37's and ran it with the existing gear or did you build it all at the same time?
              2015 Ram 3500 Prospector
              2011 Hemi JK Wrangler

Comment

Working...
              X