Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your next plan trip in your AEV RAM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your next plan trip in your AEV RAM?

I have seen on YouTube several videos of the "Jeep AEV events". I would love to take my AEV RAM on one of these.
    a) Has anyone gone on one and if so how likely are you to scratch the side of your vehicle? Are the trails well groomed or wide enough for the full sized pickup?
    b) When is the next event, and what is/are the upcoming locations?
    c) I know the Power wagons have electronic sway-bar disconnects, how hard on the front sway bar is it going to be if you do not have this feature? I do not want to bent anything.....

What is your next plan trip in your AEV RAM?

Spent the last two weeks in my truck hunting. Snow, rain, mud, rutts. I have found it best to completely cover the truck in mud and hit large puddles as fast as possible. Gives the truck an armor coating of mud to protect it from the pine tree scratches. Also I've cratered my rear bumper on a tree. Truck rocks. Sitting at 9,609' in the woods on a ledge downloading more topo maps before backpacking in a few miles. Haven't met a legal forest road yet I cannot fit through.

6x6 at 70 who later came to 57 before winding me

C). You won't bend anything. Just a rougher ride and less traction.

Our trucks can do a lot of the trails in Ouray. Black bear would be pushing it, but plenty of the others. Hope to hit them next year.
    Last edited by Wapitihunter; 09-23-2015, 12:53 PM.
    2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Salta -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo M/T -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon and lightbar -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

very cool

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Run View Post
        c) I know the Power wagons have electronic sway-bar disconnects, how hard on the front sway bar is it going to be if you do not have this feature? I do not want to bent anything.....

You could always disconnect it.

Comment

yes, but how hard would it be to get it to fit back in the hole when I'm done. (no pun intended..lol) I tried this with a YJ Jeep wrangler and it was a bitch to get back in the hole.....this one is 3 x as thick and a YJ's anti-sway bar...

Comment

Working...
          X