Power Wagon upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Wagon upgrades

Installed the Wheels, Snorkel and a UTE Bed. Thought people might like to see it
    The UTE bed was fairly expensive to Powder Coat and required some beefing up on the installation end but overall I am happy and it is rock solid now.

The AEV Pre Filter was time consuming to install and requires patience to take one step at a time. It too is solid as can be

Next step is the AEV bumper as soon as they make it comparable with the Power Wagon winch

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1487.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	194947

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1488.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	194948

Wow- that's freaking cool!
    2012 Ram Power Wagon
    Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, Salta HD Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II Tires

Comment

That looks so cool, can I ask you a few questions?
      1) Are you going to leave the exhaust alone, or move it to higher grounds?
      2) What size tires?
      3) Are you planning on 37, 40 inch in the future?

Looks great, I bet the bumpers will really set it off.

Comment

Except for the bumper, I am leaving the truck as it came from the factory. The way it sits one I can squeeze the spare underneath still and didn't have to relocate the heat shield or exhaust. If I tear the exhaust up, I'll move the new one up for sure.

The tires that are on there are Nitto G2's and are 34's. I have a set of 31570r17 Studded Duratechs for the winter in Alaska. I am going to stick with 35's on this one.

I do not have the AEV lift, soft wear for calibration, or fenders, so going bigger would require much modification. I think I will save that for the next one and let AEV do the whole thing.
        Last edited by Alaska Capt; 09-26-2015, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Cool ........ With the way that new back end is...its very nice and different. Im sure you will get your moneys worth out of it.

Comment

nice work. beat me to it!

Is that model a F7UTE?

1) Besides insano shipping to AK I'd bet, how much and who did the powder coating if you don't mind me asking? That bed alone is $4,000.

2) Were you able to sell your old bed? How much did you get for it?

3) what did you have to beef up?
            2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Salta -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo M/T -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon and lightbar -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

Originally posted by Wapitihunter View Post
              nice work. beat me to it!

Is that model a F7UTE?

1) Besides insano shipping to AK I'd bet, how much and who did the powder coating if you don't mind me asking? That bed alone is $4,000.

2) Were you able to sell your old bed? How much did you get for it?

3) what did you have to beef up?

I am not sure which model I ordered. I told them the model, year etc. and the dealer ordered it. I did get the drawer.

The shipping was 300 and complete powder coating AND Rhino lining of bed came in at 1500.

So I had about 6000K into the bed, including replacing the weaker mounting hardware with 1/4" aluminum and 1/4"steel angles.

I sold the old, new bed for 1800 and the bumper for 200

So....I have 4000 into the bed as it sits. which is a lot ...but we are on the AEV website where we are all spending way, way too much money modifying perfectly good Ram Trucks.

Comment

Working...
              X