Undercoat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undercoat?

I have just moved from Western Washington to NW Montana. Since there seem to be a few Montana folks here I though I would ask.

I hear that the MDOT salts the roads in the winter. Should I be looking at undercoating or some other treatment to prevent corrosion?

Sorry, I know this is not AEV product specific but AEV does have a shop here and I won't have a truck to install AEV parts on if I don't protect it.

Originally posted by Manchester View Post
    I have just moved from Western Washington to NW Montana. Since there seem to be a few Montana folks here I though I would ask.

I hear that the MDOT salts the roads in the winter. Should I be looking at undercoating or some other treatment to prevent corrosion?

Sorry, I know this is not AEV product specific but AEV does have a shop here and I won't have a truck to install AEV parts on if I don't protect it.
    I've lived in Missoula my whole life and I've never done an under coat of any sort. Just wash the vehicle frequently and you'll be fine.
    2012 Ram Power Wagon
    Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, Salta HD Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II Tires

Comment

In fact I have read that undercoating can cause serious rusting. I would not do it...like what was mention, just keep you truck clean.

Comment

Thanks guys. That is what I figured but good to hear confirmation.

Comment

the mag and choloride used pre and during snow storm comes off easy.

The mag chloride used on dirt roads, when it gets muddy, accelerates the rust very quickly (ie get off the truck asap) - this is used year round
          Last edited by Wapitihunter; 10-11-2015, 07:15 AM.
          2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Salta -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo M/T -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon and lightbar -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

Working...
          X