Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aev 112 restoration build.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aev 112 restoration build.

    Just bought this from the previous owner off the forum. Very cool Jeep. Being 14 years old needs a little Tlc and a few tweaks.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris Madison
    General Manager
    Cross Chrysler Jeep
    Kentucky's #1 Jeep Dealer
    502-693-5779 Cell
    502-459-9900 Ext. 204
    1-800-783-6444
    cmadison@crossmtrs.com
    www.CrossJeep.com
    2005 Highline Rubicon Brute on 37's
    2006 AEV Hemi LJ Rubicon
    1970 VW Bus Sold
    1990 911 964 Carrera 4 Coupe Sold
    2002 AEV 112 Sold
    2015 Tank JKUR w/dealer installed JK-350 Sold
    2006 Highline LJ 37's Sold
    2005 Highline LJ 37's Dynatrac Sold

  • #2
    I think that's the one we talked about . What are you going to do with it ?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Panhead5 View Post
      I think that's the one we talked about . What are you going to do with it ?
      Going to switch out the lift. Going up a bit to run 35's. Good cleaning, redo the bumpers and rock rails, clean the frame up. May run Hutchinson Wheels or if I can find some AEV TJ wheels.
      Chris Madison
      General Manager
      Cross Chrysler Jeep
      Kentucky's #1 Jeep Dealer
      502-693-5779 Cell
      502-459-9900 Ext. 204
      1-800-783-6444
      cmadison@crossmtrs.com
      www.CrossJeep.com
      2005 Highline Rubicon Brute on 37's
      2006 AEV Hemi LJ Rubicon
      1970 VW Bus Sold
      1990 911 964 Carrera 4 Coupe Sold
      2002 AEV 112 Sold
      2015 Tank JKUR w/dealer installed JK-350 Sold
      2006 Highline LJ 37's Sold
      2005 Highline LJ 37's Dynatrac Sold

      Comment


      • #4
        .
        .

        Looking forward to following this one - keep us updated!

        .
        .

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CrossJeeplouisville View Post
          Going to switch out the lift. Going up a bit to run 35's. Good cleaning, redo the bumpers and rock rails, clean the frame up. May run Hutchinson Wheels or if I can find some AEV TJ wheels.
          Looks good --- you forgot the "then sell it in 2 weeks "

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Panhead5 View Post
            Looks good --- you forgot the "then sell it in 2 weeks "

            I've had the tank jk for 3 months thank you.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Chris Madison
            General Manager
            Cross Chrysler Jeep
            Kentucky's #1 Jeep Dealer
            502-693-5779 Cell
            502-459-9900 Ext. 204
            1-800-783-6444
            cmadison@crossmtrs.com
            www.CrossJeep.com
            2005 Highline Rubicon Brute on 37's
            2006 AEV Hemi LJ Rubicon
            1970 VW Bus Sold
            1990 911 964 Carrera 4 Coupe Sold
            2002 AEV 112 Sold
            2015 Tank JKUR w/dealer installed JK-350 Sold
            2006 Highline LJ 37's Sold
            2005 Highline LJ 37's Dynatrac Sold

            Comment


            • #7
              I like it. No chrome Bling or steps for you?

              Let me know if your gong to sell the bling

              Pete

              Comment


              • #8
                rare find! two rows of recaro AEV seats

                Comment


                • #9
                  Niiice... Can't wait to see this. Highline kit maybe???

                  Ben
                  Ben Hedrick
                  www.BenHedrick.com
                  HEDRICK Speedsports

                  "Ive got a Jeep problem"
                  2007 5.7L HEMI Sahara Unlimited - Sold
                  2010 6.1L HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
                  2011 6.4L (392) HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
                  2002 4.0L AEV Brute - Sold
                  2003 6.4L "Stroker" HEMI AEV Brute - Sold
                  2005 4.0L SC AEV K9 Brute - Sold
                  2014 345 HEMI Rubicon Xpo Adventurer
                  2000 4.0L AEV 112 Long Wheelbase
                  2006 4.0L AEV Brute Rubicon

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ben Hedrick View Post
                    Niiice... Can't wait to see this. Highline kit maybe???



                    Ben

                    I would like to do a highline, but that takes away from the originality which I want to stay true to.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Chris Madison
                    General Manager
                    Cross Chrysler Jeep
                    Kentucky's #1 Jeep Dealer
                    502-693-5779 Cell
                    502-459-9900 Ext. 204
                    1-800-783-6444
                    cmadison@crossmtrs.com
                    www.CrossJeep.com
                    2005 Highline Rubicon Brute on 37's
                    2006 AEV Hemi LJ Rubicon
                    1970 VW Bus Sold
                    1990 911 964 Carrera 4 Coupe Sold
                    2002 AEV 112 Sold
                    2015 Tank JKUR w/dealer installed JK-350 Sold
                    2006 Highline LJ 37's Sold
                    2005 Highline LJ 37's Dynatrac Sold

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Would look great with that stetch. It leaves the wheel well opening all the way back where it is originally , unlike the LJ.
                      "Original look" ONLY because the highline kit wasn't made yet.
                      Last edited by James04; 12-06-2015, 12:42 PM.
                      Ram 2500 Reg. Cab
                      08 JKU

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CrossJeeplouisville View Post
                        Just bought this from the previous owner off the forum. Very cool Jeep. Being 14 years old needs a little Tlc and a few tweaks.



                        I am big fan of the original AEV 112's. I look forward to seeing pictures of it after modifications .
                        Last edited by chop110; 12-06-2015, 01:52 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Looks good. Can't wait to see.

                          And for the love of god, get those awful steps off it. If I ever could have gotten the time they would have been first to go. The story I got is a larger guy owned it and had to get the steps welded there and the drivers seat moved back to fit.

                          Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Very cool. I agree with the above comment regarding the steps... what was he thinking?!? Those things are hideous, but they should be an easy fix.

                            I like that you're not straying too far from the original styling. I think some 255/85r16s would look really nice and keep the expedition theme, but 35s will look great too. The chrome Bridgers are nice, have you considered powder coating them argent to get rid of the bling? They are such a rare wheel.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ranger View Post
                              Very cool. I agree with the above comment regarding the steps... what was he thinking?!? Those things are hideous, but they should be an easy fix.

                              I like that you're not straying too far from the original styling. I think some 255/85r16s would look really nice and keep the expedition theme, but 35s will look great too. The chrome Bridgers are nice, have you considered powder coating them argent to get rid of the bling? They are such a rare wheel.
                              Rock rails are an easy fix. They are hideous. Going to chop off the running board portion and refinish them along with the bumpers. The wheels will be refinished. I may also run some other AEV wheels depending on what I can find. I would like to find some TJ beadlock pintlers. I may refinish the bridgers with satin black.
                              Chris Madison
                              General Manager
                              Cross Chrysler Jeep
                              Kentucky's #1 Jeep Dealer
                              502-693-5779 Cell
                              502-459-9900 Ext. 204
                              1-800-783-6444
                              cmadison@crossmtrs.com
                              www.CrossJeep.com
                              2005 Highline Rubicon Brute on 37's
                              2006 AEV Hemi LJ Rubicon
                              1970 VW Bus Sold
                              1990 911 964 Carrera 4 Coupe Sold
                              2002 AEV 112 Sold
                              2015 Tank JKUR w/dealer installed JK-350 Sold
                              2006 Highline LJ 37's Sold
                              2005 Highline LJ 37's Dynatrac Sold

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X