Dana 44

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana 44

Can anyone tell me if the pumpkin on a Dana 44 in the 2005 LJ Rubicon is the same as the Dana 44 in my 07 JK U Rubicon? I would like to use an AEV diff cover on my 2005 LJ Rubicon. I assume they are different or it would say it was available for the TJ and it doesn't. Even if the housing is a different size is the cover the same?
    Thanks in advance!
    Ward
    Last edited by Ward; 06-02-2016, 02:34 PM.
    2015 Dodge Ram 5500 "Intercontinental Cruiser" RV
    2007 Jeep JK w/ AT Habitat and lots of AEV goodies.
    2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon
    2014 Jeep JK

I honestly can't think of any reason it wouldn't fit. Most aftermarket diff covers are for a D44 and fit all models. I do know some, like Solid, require some grinding down to clear the locker on the JK.
    Jeff

2013 Sahara
    AEV 2.5 XT lift, front/rear bumpers, hood, argent Pintlers, 315/70/17 Duratracs

Comment

Thanks Jeff!
      Ward
      2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon
      2014 Jeep JK

Comment

I vaguely remember it being the same general fit, but the oil fill levels and plugs are not the same.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
        Chris

2006 Rubicon Unlimited
        AEV Highline
        Nth Degree longarm

Comment

IIRC, the Inca Gold TJ Brute on this forum had AEV diff covers installed - it was running the OEM TJ Rubicon D44s.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I just received word from AEV that the covers will not fit on the TJ Dana 44.
            Ward
            2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon
            2014 Jeep JK

Comment

Dana 44

Can you share with us what they said as to why they won't fit? Or if they didn't, maybe someone from AEV can post up here. I mean for every other manufacturer the D44 cover fits any D44, so I'm curious as to why the AEV ones are JK specific.
              Jeff

2013 Sahara

Comment

It will fit, the bolt pattern and everything is the same. I believe the fill levels are different. Mnsrt used them on his build http://forum.aev-conversions.com/sho...t=9014&page=11

Comment

Dana 44

Originally posted by Will Cabell View Post
                  It will fit, the bolt pattern and everything is the same. I believe the fill levels are different. Mnsrt used them on his build http://forum.aev-conversions.com/sho...t=9014&page=11

I went back and read it and he said the fill levels were just fine. Still trying to figure out why AEV told the OP they won't work on anything but a JK.

Jeff

2013 Sahara

Comment

I was told that the testing was never done on the TJ for clearance and fluid levels. I am going to buy one and try it on the LJ. I am guessing it will fit and perform just fine. If it doesn't I will throw it on the JK.
                    Ward
                    2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon
                    2014 Jeep JK

Comment

Working...
                    X