2006 LJ Highline Safari Top JK axles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 LJ Highline Safari Top JK axles

Just wanted to share some photos of the LJ since the build is nearly done... Started with a one owner LJ and a pair of JK axles
    Attached Files

Axles were re-geared to 5:38s and took the LJ on some mild backyard wheeling
    Attached Files

Comment

Found a Safari top for sale and made some progress on my tailgate panel
      Attached Files

Comment

Started the Highline swap -had the inner fender wells Line-X'd and the axle were pulled. Had to use PSC battery tray bracket since I didnt have the AEV ones.
        Attached Files

Comment

A good friend of mine welded on the trusses and we got the rear in place. Also discovered after removing the brackets on the front axle that the housing was bent. Upgraded to a J8 front housing -shouldn't have a problem with the tubes now.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice work🤙

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            2008 JKUR AEV- Expedition Package, 4.5 DS-RS, Salta, 37 GY, 5:38's.
            2006 LJ Rubicon SOLD
            2001 Jeep Cherokee SOLD
            1998 Jeep Cherokee SOLD

Comment

It would look really good in Utah.

Mike

Comment

Looking fantastic!!

Ben
                Ben Hedrick
                www.BenHedrick.com
                HEDRICK Speedsports

"Ive got a Jeep problem"
                2007 5.7L HEMI Sahara Unlimited - Sold
                2010 6.1L HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
                2011 6.4L (392) HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
                2002 4.0L AEV Brute - Sold
                2003 6.4L "Stroker" HEMI AEV Brute - Sold
                2005 4.0L SC AEV K9 Brute - Sold
                2014 345 HEMI Rubicon Xpo Adventurer
                2000 4.0L AEV 112 Long Wheelbase
                2006 4.0L AEV Brute Rubicon

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Gents. Ive been wanting to build a high-line safari top LJ since I first saw it. I think the higher flares make the vehicle look lower with the top than the standard TJ flares. I do wish the Jeep was red though. I haven't gotten the rear tailgate window mounted yet and I believe I will have to migrate back to a factory tailgate. Also a few Safari top owners spoke of the hassles dealing with roll bar interference with the side widows and remarked that the position of the rear opera window was useless so I cut the rear bars off. This gives the rear cargo area so much more room and I have unobstructed use of all the windows. Unfortunately I lost the sound pods and cargo lights in the process. This top was one of the first few production tops made and doesn't benefit from the upgraded roof panel -which now features cargo lights. The new design is much better than the first tops made. Not sure what to do there. I looked heavily into the Teraflex 8 lug conversion kit and am trying to justify the want/need for this. Doing so would allow the use of the Ram XL AEV wheel and then in an odd way products from every AEV line would be brewed into the LJ. AEV JK diff covers are still in the box waiting to go on. Im also using Genright cargo ties down brackets to mount the top to the body instead of the long aluminum angle that comes with the top. The Carbon high-line hood also needs a small trim job to fit right -its incredibly lightweight.

Also this is Chads garage aka: Edmonson Off-Road Fabrication. His Blue postal was in CRAWL not to long ago. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-...-build-38.html
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Will Cabell; 06-19-2017, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Real nice. LJs are cool.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Excellent build and I really like the look of the Warn stubby bumper with the highline kit. Nicely done. Can the carbon fiber hood be painted?

Cheers

Comment

Little more progress made today Teraflex tie rod installed and the truss welding was completed. The hood can be painted. Im using J.E. Reel driveshaft 1350 yokes Im gonna run 1310/1350 conversion joints in it -but will put new driveshafts in the mental want list. Still need to figure out if my LJ parking brake cables will work -no idea on that one. Was looking at the 3" Teraflex lift but will probably go with the 4" because of the added weight from the top and winch. Once lift is installed the rest of the steering can be figured out.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Is the carbon fiber hood vented?
                          "Dont wish for it,work for it."
                          2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

They are Faux vents just like on the JK power dome hood.

Comment

Long list of parts ordered that havent arrived yet -but some progress was made!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X