05' TJ Rubicon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by opielajo View Post
    Only some surface rust on the frame and skid plate -- nothing concerning. To be safe, I had the frame externally and internally rust proofed after purchase. Looks much better now.

I wanted to find a set of 5 x 4.5 AEV wheels... and still am in the market if a set comes up. Spacers will indeed be needed to run these ones.

Thinking 33's... and from what I have read, this size doesn't necessitate regearing?
    why would you need wheel spacers with AEV wheels, they are already backspaced properly

Quadratec Inc.

Comment

The wheels he was referring to were for the jk not tj I believe.

Comment

Even with 35s and tj wheels they rub on mine so I added spacers

Comment

Comment

Mopar rock crawler front bumper winch with Warn VR8s

Comment

Comment

Looks great! Would be great to come up with a matching rear bumper. Either way...looks great! The Mopar bumper is well built. I'd venture to say stronger than most.

I was disappointed with front ARB bumper in comparison. All though the ARB bumper is really nice. Just not as heavy duty as the Mopar TJ bumper.

You have one sharp Jeep!
                1995 Jeep Wrangler - RIP November 29, 2008 - Jeep will be missed!!!
                2004 Jeep Rubicon / BFG TA 285/75/16 / Rubicon Old Man EMU 2.5HD" / AEV Standard Heat Reduction Hood / Brute candidate
                2006 Chevy Silverado LBZ 2500 HD 4X4 LT3 CC / K5LA / ARE Tonnaeu cover / Michelin A/T-2 265/75/R16E www.dieselairhorns.com/sounds/AirchimeK5LA.mp3

Comment

Thank you I appreciate that. I have been searching for a rear, but have been unsuccessful. Found this one new in box on eBay. The PO had a tj years ago and sold it without ever mounting this bumper. Was in the box for prolly 5 yrs. Mopar rears rock crawler bumpers are unicorns I'm afraid...just like the tj bridger wheels.

Comment

You just have to search craigs list all the time. I have 2 fronts and a rear and will continue to purchase as I find them. I just picked up a AEV built LJ Rubicon with 20k miles on craigs list

Comment

Originally posted by PeteEinMT View Post
                      You just have to search craigs list all the time. I have 2 fronts and a rear and will continue to purchase as I find them. I just picked up a AEV built LJ Rubicon with 20k miles on craigs list
                      Can't hurt to ask...how much for the rear lol?? I'll continue to look, but it gets very tiresome.

Comment

I actually picked up a arc jk tire carrier and thinking of modifying it to accept it but hoping to find a 2nd one as I hate to cut up the one i have

Comment

What does your AEV LJ look like? Any pics? After I get the rear bumper I want to do carbeau seats front and back.

Comment

Ill try and get some posted

Comment

Nice. I feel like I have seen somebody take the AEV tire carrier and constructed that to fit with the mopar rock crawler rear. It looked very clean like it was made for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X