Imola Orange out on the Bonneville Salt Flats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imola Orange out on the Bonneville Salt Flats

Here are some shots of Imola Orange from the Salt and possibly the only AEV built jeep with an official recorded time. It could have gone way faster but given the type of vehicle I played it safe. The salt is in horrible condition and wide tires make handling horrible. Plus being a race official you have to set the example being this is by no means a high speed vehicle. The run was done to test the timing lights before racing for the day. Maybe some high speed changes for next year.

Mike

Very cool. Why not do it. I like it!!!!

Pete

Comment

There is a high high possibility it will get lowered some and some 33's. Debating on what wheels to run from AEV. I do have access to a tire spin machine to test whatever all terrain tire I decide to go with. The class I would run it in would be the Utah Salt Flats Racing Association USFRA. They have a 130mph club. It is mainly for street cars with very minimum safety modifications. I think it is capable of at least 110mph.

Mike

Comment

I am certain it can do 100mph as it sits....

1975 CJ6 TBI v8 nv4500
        1984 CJ7 V8 lockers coilovers
        2000 5.7 hemi TJ solid 60s atlas
        2005 stretched LJ one tons coilovers 40s
        2016 Ram 2500 laramie sport crewcab 6.7 CTD 4wd
        2016 JKU Willys Wheeler with half doors on 37s and D44s

Comment

I am certain too it can go 100mph. When I drove it cross county there were a few good pulls. The salt is just a different animal. The plan is some narrow 33's, full hard doors and top. Being an inspector I have to follow the rules the best I can. I think I can waive the drive shaft hoop. If it was to snap I don't think it will hit the ground. The front drive shaft would be removed.

Comment

Working...
          X