Bridger Center Cap replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridger Center Cap replacement

Hey y’all. I purchased some vintage aev Bridger wheels for my stockish LJ and had them stripped and powder coated. Unfortunately, they came with no center caps. I purchased some aev center caps from north ridge that supposedly fit all aev wheels tj and jk. These caps go in from the front and don’t fit the Bridgers. The original design had the plastic caps install from the back with a big c clip to hold them in. I am wondering if anyone has a solution for replacement original Bridger caps. Maybe some other caps from some other wheel work and I can put the new stickers on them??

Anyone experience this? Northridge says the original design of caps are discontinued. They are actually a little smaller than the current design in diameter.

thanks in advance!

Regular Jeep caps wont fit?

Comment

No the newer ones are the same as regular Jeep caps. These are a little smaller and are installed from the back with a big c clip to retain them.?

Comment

Those will be tough to find. I have some extras so when I finish moving shops I’ll see what I have. I can send one so
        ypu can get some measurements if need be
        pete

Comment

Do they look like this?
          if so I have 5 of them availabile
          send a pm if they are correct

Comment

Thank you, but no. They look like this
            Attached Files

Comment

I have come to understand that the center caps are originally for a Mitsubishi wheel. I haven't been able to figure out what application, but I have found a couple. I really need at least 3 of them and 5
              retainer clips. The retainer clips are a bit more of a mystery.

Comment

Thank you also, Pete. I went through the lug nuts and stuff I have from the wheels and I found that at least one of the center caps (out of the 3 I got with the wheels) is useable. Perhaps 2. I considered having some built from aluminum or from plastic- but I think it makes more sense to find some of the Mitsubishi ones.

Comment

I also have a set of five Argent Bridgers that I'm using on my LJR build. Fortunately they all came with center caps, the stickers were just faded of any yellow they once had. I ordered a set of new center caps and stickers to refurbish them and found out just like you that they don't in fact fit "all AEV wheels". Fortunately the stickers are the same size so I stripped the old ones from the original center caps and installed the new ones.

I'm thinking you could probably make some C-clips that would work as my five varied a bit from one to another but all work. The hard part like you know is going to be finding a center cap that works. I think you've got all the info you need but if I can get you measurements or any info off of the original center caps let me know.

Comment

Kirby, those bridger center caps looks different then the set on my bridger wheels.

Comment

What are the odds these would work?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-CAP-DEAL-...LH_TitleDesc=0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MITSUBISHI-...LH_TitleDesc=0

looks like the same part number

Comment

Thanks Will. I ordered a set of those Mitsubishi ones off ebay. Hoping they will work.

Comment

Working...
                        X