Hood Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood Options

I stumbled onto some fenders, but AEV hood is next to impossible to find.

I understand factory hood latches and the bracing across the front is a problem when you cut a factory hood, not to mention what to do with the lip at the bottom.

What other options are available?

Wait for Will to comment. He did a really nice set up on his last LJ. I got a hood but a Brute was attached to it.

Mike

Comment

There are other highline hoods out there
      Ward
      2015 Dodge Ram 5500 "Intercontinental Cruiser" RV
      2007 Jeep JK w/ AT Habitat and lots of AEV goodies.
      2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon
      2014 Jeep JK

Comment

Other than the fiberglass copy of the AEV hood?

Comment

Steel might be tough to find
          Ward
          2015 Dodge Ram 5500 "Intercontinental Cruiser" RV
          2007 Jeep JK w/ AT Habitat and lots of AEV goodies.
          2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon
          2014 Jeep JK

Comment

Any update OP? What hood did you get?

Comment

Haven't purchased one yet. AFAIK, there's only two options, a knock off AEV fiberglass hood and a real AEV hood.

i hope I'm wrong and someone soon corrects my flawed way of thinking
              Last edited by MrHolland; 10-15-2019, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Here is another option from Off-road Fiberglass http://www.off-roadfiberglass.com/. Will used the carbon fiber one on an LJ. If I ever use my spare fender kit I will either go with this or be doing some expensive sheet metal work. If you are near Salt Lake City Utah I have a contact there that can make anything your wallet can handle.

Mike

Comment

What's a ballpark price for that type of hood, do you have any ideas?

carbon or glass from the above
                  Last edited by MrHolland; 10-18-2019, 10:13 AM.

Comment

From what I remember it was like $600 for the fiberglass and $1,000 for the carbon.
                    I have tossed around the idea of taking a TJ hood and fitting a JK heat reduction center in it. I just want to find a damaged JK hood. Then use a pull max and dies to make a reinforced leading edge and sides on the TJ hood. Just waiting on free time to do that project.

Mike

Comment

Neither of those prices are bad if they fit properly!

Thank you for the info sir

Comment

From what I remember Will said he had to do a little trimming but nothing major. I don’t know of any hood other than the AEV one that won’t require some adjustment.

Mike

Comment

They just got back with me, black or white, I assume glass for 400, or carbon for 700.

Its not my favorite design, but certainly a viable option. I would much rather trim than add

He said if he started from scratch, it'd be closer to 5K. Anyone interested in a group style purchase to get the cost closer to a $1000 or less?
                          Last edited by MrHolland; 10-21-2019, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X