Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you pay for a set of reproduction AEV highline flares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you pay for a set of reproduction AEV highline flares?

I am the admin and founder of Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum.

I'm currently in the process of looking into having the AEV fender flares (flares only) reproduced (likely using polyurethane or nylon). I'm going to be talking to a number of manufacturers that specialize in plastics injection molding, etc.

I have no idea how much this will cost, and it may not even be feasible. However, in the instance that it was possible, how much would you be willing to pay for a brand new set of reproduction AEV highline flares?

I have a set of them that are in perfect shape, so I would be using them for the mold production of these new ones.

If you have any interest in this whatsoever, please chime in on the TJ Forum thread here:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/...n-guide.34684/

I suspect there isn't enough people who care enough for this to happen, but if there is, I'll do whatever I can to make it happen.

AEV may not care about the TJ stuff anymore, but I more than anyone do!

Moved over to TJ forum
    Ward
    Last edited by Ward; 05-04-2020, 05:07 PM.
    2015 Dodge Ram 5500 "Intercontinental Cruiser" RV
    2007 Jeep JK w/ AT Habitat and lots of AEV goodies.
    2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon
    2014 Jeep JK

Comment

This seems odd to post on AEV's own forum.
      "Don't wish for it,work for it."
      2014 Ram Power Wagon

Comment

Are you trying to make money or just get yourself an extra set?
        Not sure the time and effort would be worth it. Everyone will say they want a set but when it comes time I doubt you will get enough depsoits. Extra flares but no extra fenders? Hood? Mopar front and rear bumpers? Where do you stop??? Your not the first one to start this exact same thread. Extra AEV parts are out there you just need to be searching daily. I'm not being negative just being realistic. AEV TJ parts were about being exclusive so the purists would rather have value in what they own not mass produced.
        Last edited by PeteEinMT; 05-04-2020, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I don’t know how many times I have thought of this and discussed it with other members on here. I have access to equipment to reproduce them in a limited quantity. Problem is demand and price point. I have a full set of fenders and flares for replacement for my Brute. I have a company that could possibly even make a bed kit you have to assemble yourself. I did talk to a guy recently that wanted just the rear flares to complement his front flat fenders. So I believe there is some demand.
          Pete makes a very valid point guys willing to pay the big bucks for original AEV will do just that. Those buyers will want the real deal in the end. In addition to building Jeeps I also build traditional style hot rods. The prices people will pay for original is astonishing sometimes. I have also seen a decline in that market as well. My rule is it’s worth what someone is willing to pay for it. That’s having the cash in front of you not just what you see on the internet and auctions. Heck there is a guy wanting 3k for a Highline hood in Salt Lake City will he ever get it who knows. I need one but won’t pay that price $1,500 and I would buy it.
          Just my opinion and thought process here if you can do it let us know. I would be happy to help anyway I can.

Mike

Comment

I bought two sets of flares when aev was producing them before the molds were lost destroyed confiscated what ever happened to them.

I would be interested in a tj brute kit though.
            03 Rubi with AEV, Rokmen and Hutchinson goodies

Comment

Apexkw, wanna sell a set of flares?
              Ward
              2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon
              2014 Jeep JK

Comment

I would pay $500-600 for the AEV flares if origins in good condition. Reproduction price is PT would be dependent on how they turn out fit and finish

Comment

I would be willing to spend $1000 for a set of flares if anyone is still asking.
                  Ward
                  2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon
                  2014 Jeep JK

Comment

Working...
                  X