JK Tire Carrier on a TJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK Tire Carrier on a TJ

I have seen a few done but I like the Warn bumpers a bit better and they match since I have one on the front. Think there's any market for these?

Jason De Monto
    Trail Concepts
    480-788-7245
    2015 Jeep Rubicon
    Baja Yellow
    Dual Sport 106

If I still had my LJ I would be going nuts right now. Looks great. Only problem is its set up for JK bolt pattern. How did you fix that issue?
    "Dont wish for it,work for it."
    2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

Originally posted by forsakenfuture View Post
      If I still had my LJ I would be going nuts right now. Looks great. Only problem is its set up for JK bolt pattern. How did you fix that issue?
      JK axles? You could just redrill the tire carrier for the new bolt pattern.
      Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
      4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

There are two bolt patterns in the tire carrier, JK and TJ, just press the studs out and press them in the other holes. We were always planning on getting around to the TJ...just have had too much on our plate.

dh
        2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
        2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
        2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
        2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

jk tire carrier

This looks like a winner

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Dave View Post
            There are two bolt patterns in the tire carrier, JK and TJ, just press the studs out and press them in the other holes. We were always planning on getting around to the TJ...just have had too much on our plate.

dh
            Strange the instructions said 5ON5 and 5 on 5.5...it was 3am BTW so I could be wrong

Jason

EDIT here

6. The wheel mount has studs pressed in for a 5 on 5” bolt pattern, if custom axles are used
            with a 5 on 5.5” bolt pattern, the studs will need to be pressed out and pressed into the
            holes provided.
            Last edited by Jdemonto; 02-28-2012, 04:05 PM.
            Jason De Monto
            Trail Concepts
            480-788-7245
            2015 Jeep Rubicon
            Baja Yellow
            Dual Sport 106

Comment

Originally posted by JeepinJon View Post
              JK axles? You could just redrill the tire carrier for the new bolt pattern.
              I didn't want to screw up the mounting plate. I already ordered the adapters...

Jason
              Jason De Monto
              Trail Concepts
              480-788-7245
              2015 Jeep Rubicon
              Baja Yellow
              Dual Sport 106

Comment

Originally posted by stinger View Post
                This looks like a winner
                We will see I need another bumper since we were a bit off on our calculations.

Jason
                Jason De Monto
                Trail Concepts
                480-788-7245
                2015 Jeep Rubicon
                Baja Yellow
                Dual Sport 106

Comment

Swing out

Originally posted by Jdemonto View Post
                  We will see I need another bumper since we were a bit off on our calculations.

Jason
                  where you able to get it to swing out with the tail gate? or is it independent of it. I have seen a couple conversions with the jeep bumper. this looks nice. and have been toying with the idea of how to do something similar. I would really like it to hing and swing with the tail gate.

looks nice.
                  2013 JKUR, 3.5"sc lift., Silver Pintlers, 35" Km2s, Front and rear bumpers, TF tire carrier, Rigid lights, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by MGIMELLI View Post
                    where you able to get it to swing out with the tail gate? or is it independent of it. I have seen a couple conversions with the jeep bumper. this looks nice. and have been toying with the idea of how to do something similar. I would really like it to hing and swing with the tail gate.

looks nice.
                    Its just an error in spindle placement. If its too far left it hits the hinges and does not open all the way! Mine is connected to the tailgate that was one of my main reasons for the conversion.

More to follow after the TDS Safari....

Jason
                    Jason De Monto
                    Trail Concepts
                    480-788-7245
                    2015 Jeep Rubicon
                    Baja Yellow
                    Dual Sport 106

Comment

Originally posted by Jdemonto View Post
                      Its just an error in spindle placement. If its too far left it hits the hinges and does not open all the way! Mine is connected to the tailgate that was one of my main reasons for the conversion.

More to follow after the TDS Safari....

Jason
                      I will defiantly be following this. I have been looking at my rear bumper for months trying to figure out the math and placement. I can tell it should be placed to the right side of the factory hinge and about even spacing from tail gate. it looks like there could be some clashing with the tail light on the right. and some flush light might be a solution for clearance. I think there is a market for TJ/LJ owners as there is nothing else out there that will open with the tail gate.
                      2013 JKUR, 3.5"sc lift., Silver Pintlers, 35" Km2s, Front and rear bumpers, TF tire carrier, Rigid lights, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by MGIMELLI View Post
                        I will defiantly be following this. I have been looking at my rear bumper for months trying to figure out the math and placement. I can tell it should be placed to the right side of the factory hinge and about even spacing from tail gate. it looks like there could be some clashing with the tail light on the right. and some flush light might be a solution for clearance. I think there is a market for TJ/LJ owners as there is nothing else out there that will open with the tail gate.
                        Yeah flush mount tail lights are key. I purchased some savvy 4x4 Led lights. When in the correct location there is a conflict.
                        Jason De Monto
                        Trail Concepts
                        480-788-7245
                        2015 Jeep Rubicon
                        Baja Yellow
                        Dual Sport 106

Comment

Jason De Monto
                          Trail Concepts
                          480-788-7245
                          2015 Jeep Rubicon
                          Baja Yellow
                          Dual Sport 106

Comment

You have done well.
                            "Dont wish for it,work for it."
                            2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

Originally posted by forsakenfuture View Post
                              You have done well.
                              Thanks! I know the Mopar bumper looks good too but I like the Warn bumpers a bit better since I already owned a set!

Jason
                              Jason De Monto
                              Trail Concepts
                              480-788-7245
                              2015 Jeep Rubicon
                              Baja Yellow
                              Dual Sport 106

Comment

Working...
                              X