Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JK Tire Carrier on a TJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Saw it person, looks great.
    Great work Jason.
    Mike

    2011 JKU Rubicon
    Argent Pintlers
    37x12.5 KO2s
    2.5" dual sport xt
    Premium front bumper
    AEV rear bumper with tire carrier

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Simmons_m View Post
      Saw it person, looks great.
      Great work Jason.
      Thanks! Can't wait to get it set up correctly!

      Jason
      Jason De Monto
      Trail Concepts
      480-788-7245
      2015 Jeep Rubicon
      Baja Yellow
      Dual Sport 106

      Comment


      • #18
        carrier placement

        this is the rear mopar bumper/jk tire carrier swingout created by Greg at AEV. the placement of the carrier is perfect. it has a perfect motion of travel and does not hit the tail lights although you will need some flush mount style lights for this to work. also its tucked up nice and tight to the rear of the jeep which i like, very little gap between the rear window/gate and the tire.

        also this really is the way to go if you have the time and patience to work with it. all the AEV accessories work with the tire carrier. One thing you'll want to keep in mind is that you'll need additional support plates from the bumper to the frame to deal with the stress of the spindle at this location. this is very important for longevity.
        Attached Files
        2005 LJ Unlimited Rubicon (Sold)
        2005 AEV Hemi LJ Rubicon (Sold)
        2012 AEV JKUR 350

        www.inner-wolf.com
        www.citybullies.com

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by atown View Post
          this is the rear mopar bumper/jk tire carrier swingout created by Greg at AEV. the placement of the carrier is perfect. it has a perfect motion of travel and does not hit the tail lights although you will need some flush mount style lights for this to work. also its tucked up nice and tight to the rear of the jeep which i like, very little gap between the rear window/gate and the tire.

          also this really is the way to go if you have the time and patience to work with it. all the AEV accessories work with the tire carrier. One thing you'll want to keep in mind is that you'll need additional support plates from the bumper to the frame to deal with the stress of the spindle at this location. this is very important for longevity.
          That is a nice combo. Has the Mopar bumper also been modifed to include the 2" receiver? I like the Mopar rear bumper but always thought they looked odd with a standard towbar mounted below them. Integrating the 2" receiver hitch is key IMHO.

          Cheers

          Comment


          • #20
            Here are some new pics with LED tail lights. We will be fine tuning another Warn bumper next week.



            Jason De Monto
            Trail Concepts
            480-788-7245
            2015 Jeep Rubicon
            Baja Yellow
            Dual Sport 106

            Comment


            • #21
              Looks very nice. Now you just need your tail gate painted.
              "Dont wish for it,work for it."
              2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by forsakenfuture View Post
                Looks very nice. Now you just need your tail gate painted.
                After I get all the fitment issues handled I will eithier buy new hinges or pick up a better tailgate.

                Jason
                Last edited by Jdemonto; 03-06-2012, 09:32 AM.
                Jason De Monto
                Trail Concepts
                480-788-7245
                2015 Jeep Rubicon
                Baja Yellow
                Dual Sport 106

                Comment


                • #23
                  looks great, always loved that jeep.

                  yes he put the rear hitch in the mopar bumper, much cleaner look IMO
                  2005 LJ Unlimited Rubicon (Sold)
                  2005 AEV Hemi LJ Rubicon (Sold)
                  2012 AEV JKUR 350

                  www.inner-wolf.com
                  www.citybullies.com

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Here's a few pics of the JK Tire carrier in action!





                    Jason De Monto
                    Trail Concepts
                    480-788-7245
                    2015 Jeep Rubicon
                    Baja Yellow
                    Dual Sport 106

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Looks great Jason.
                      Mike

                      2011 JKU Rubicon
                      Argent Pintlers
                      37x12.5 KO2s
                      2.5" dual sport xt
                      Premium front bumper
                      AEV rear bumper with tire carrier

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Simmons_m View Post
                        Looks great Jason.
                        Thanks!
                        Jason De Monto
                        Trail Concepts
                        480-788-7245
                        2015 Jeep Rubicon
                        Baja Yellow
                        Dual Sport 106

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Would you still be able to use the AEV gas tank?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                            Would you still be able to use the AEV gas tank?
                            Yep, I have not test fitted I know Luai has

                            Jason
                            Jason De Monto
                            Trail Concepts
                            480-788-7245
                            2015 Jeep Rubicon
                            Baja Yellow
                            Dual Sport 106

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Outstanding!! The Warn bumper looks great with AEV carrier! Any rattle or noise issues?
                              1995 Jeep Wrangler - RIP November 29, 2008 - Jeep will be missed!!!
                              2004 Jeep Rubicon / BFG TA 285/75/16 / Rubicon Old Man EMU 2.5HD" / AEV Standard Heat Reduction Hood / Brute candidate
                              2006 Chevy Silverado LBZ 2500 HD 4X4 LT3 CC / K5LA / ARE Tonnaeu cover / Michelin A/T-2 265/75/R16E www.dieselairhorns.com/sounds/AirchimeK5LA.mp3

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by red95jeep View Post
                                Outstanding!! The Warn bumper looks great with AEV carrier! Any rattle or noise issues?
                                No not sure why there would be! I guess you could on the tail gate side of things. I will have to make a plate as most people are not going to enjoy drilling thru their tailgate like I did on the test version!

                                More to follow

                                Jason
                                Jason De Monto
                                Trail Concepts
                                480-788-7245
                                2015 Jeep Rubicon
                                Baja Yellow
                                Dual Sport 106

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X