AEV Highline Kit in Dubai

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEV Highline Kit in Dubai

Here's some progress pictures of my Highline Fender kit being fitted in Dubai

Some new pictures from today, plastic flares will be installed after painting.

Before:

After:

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport
    AEV Highline Fender Conversion
    AEV Brute Conversion Build Thread

www.oman4x4.com

This is with standard short arms and a 4" lift. Put one wheel up on top of a large pile of rubble... Compressed the one side as much as I could and I've still got tons of space between the 33" tires and the body!

Template for the ARB Snorkel - designed for the stock body. The long strip of masking tape is the level where the old hood would have been.

As far as I know, this is the first Highline kit in the Middle East
    2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport

www.oman4x4.com

Comment

hey laurie, how wide are the highline flares? by the way love the headlights, have a set in my TJ as well.

also, do you know where i could get a set of those flare turn signals, they look different than the US ones....i have already fitted the EUROPE style tailights to my jeep.....wiring was easy.
      Quadratec Inc.

Comment

Hey thanks - loving those headlights still

The Highline flares are around 5.5" wide apparently - I'll measure them when they're on the body. They are noticeably wider than my Sport flares, which being an export car are the same as your Sahara / Rubicon flares.

As for the turn signals... I have no idea how you would go about getting them. They're standard on Export Specification vehicles - so you may find them on Canadian ones I don't know.

In the Parts listing there are two part numbers for the side markers - I don't know which is which. All I know is that the American side ones are flat and the Export ones are bulged.
        2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport

www.oman4x4.com

Comment

everytime we try to order export jeep parts from mopar in the us the order automatically gets canceled, maybe you could send me a set and i could pay you somehow..
          Quadratec Inc.

Comment

Hey, Guys I love the Highline kit. I was wandering how hard it is to install?
            Also Laurie where did you get those cool headlights?

Thanks guys looking forward to posting my own pics soon.

Thanks

Troy

Comment

Originally posted by Meeper View Post
              everytime we try to order export jeep parts from mopar in the us the order automatically gets canceled, maybe you could send me a set and i could pay you somehow..
              That's odd...

I actually spend a huge amount of time travelling and until I get my Jeep back on the road, that's the only focus right now

There are a few guys here with clear turn signals from Quadratec - so they may have their old orange ones around somewhere... if I come accross any I'll let you know
              2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport

www.oman4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by WKENDWARIOR69 View Post
                Hey, Guys I love the Highline kit. I was wandering how hard it is to install?
                Also Laurie where did you get those cool headlights?

Thanks guys looking forward to posting my own pics soon.

Thanks

Troy
                Troy - I got my headlights direct from the manufacturer before launch - they wanted a pretty Jeep for some press photos and I was selected

Manufacturers site is www.xsighting.com and the product is called the XE7 - it is essentially the headlights from a Dodge Viper with a new housing. Xsighting is owned by Silvania, who supplied DC for the Viper's lights among other vehicles.

However - Other Jeep guys online have bought from www.brightheadlights-hid.com - and said everything went smoothly. I've not dealt with them myself but they have the lowest advertised price online.

Keep in mind that the lights do fit motorcycles and are sometimes sold individually, so if you see them advertised for less than $700, you're probably looking at an individual light not a pair.

As for the Highline kit - mine seems to be aligning up pretty well and the Jeep was in a fender bender (hence buying the kit).

I printed off AEV's instructions from the website and took them down to the body shop to check things over when I took the pictures posted above. From the look on the little guy's face it was pretty obvious it was the first time he'd seen them - but take a look at the Jeep - he's pretty close to finished without using the instructions!

Any competent body shop should have no problems at all.
                2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport

www.oman4x4.com

Comment

re.install

The install is straight forward, it took for ever to disconnect all the wires and components on the fenderwells. Of coarse I could now do a install in 1/2 the time!

Jason
                  Jason De Monto
                  Trail Concepts
                  480-788-7245
                  2015 Jeep Rubicon
                  Baja Yellow
                  Dual Sport 106

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the great info and quick responses.

Comment

Some new pictures for you guys:

Note the groove in the side of the firewall here:

And it's absense here!

Smoooooooooth as silk!

And we decided that my 6 year old paint had too many swirls and scratches and chips in it... so... spray the lot!

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport

www.oman4x4.com

Comment

The conversion is now even harder to spot!
                        2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport

www.oman4x4.com

Comment

Looks like it is almost complete. I am sure you are very anxious for this to be completed.
                          Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
                          4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepinJon View Post
                            Looks like it is almost complete. I am sure you are very anxious for this to be completed.
                            You have no idea!!

Still to go - final coats and polishing - and re-painting all the misc parts (mirrors, door handles) that were flaking off (black paint)

Snorkel Installation too.
                            Put the flares on of course.
                            Figure out which nuts and bolts have gone missing over the course of the rebuild.
                            Scrub down the interior.
                            Then I take the Jeep away and they're working on doing the top in body colour.
                            Take it to the main dealer to get the airbags replaced and full service checkup.

I'm hoping to take a girl I met out on the weekend... she's quite keen to get a Wrangler and I'm quite keen to help her It'll be a tight deadline...
                            2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport

www.oman4x4.com

Comment

ah, red. Its hard to beat. Looking good!

dh
                              2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
                              2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
                              2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
                              2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

Working...
                              X