Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hemi Wrangler Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Darth View Post
    I have been secretly following this build. I absolutely love it. If I could squeeze it out of the wife (without having to sell one of our other cars) I'd be all over it! Top notch products and attention to detail. Someone will enjoy this jeep tremendously!

    Begs the question... What's next?
    Thanks so much! Your appreciation for my work means a lot. I built this Jeep with the intention of keeping it for a very long time and I think it shows in the end product. I tried my best to not skimp anywhere in terms of parts or the time involved installing them. I would rather wait upgrade something, than settle on a cheaper alternative that will need to be replaced later on. Plus, adhereing to a build theme and finding the elusive parts kept things interesting - I've spent a lot of time on forums, CL, and eBay constantly searching.

    To somewhat answer your question - I've got more into the travel/camping/overlanding scene and a Jeep TJ, while nimble and incredibly capable on the trail, is not the best platform for those activities. With two adults and two dogs, plus all of the associated supplies and gear, my wife and I need more storage space and a vehicle that is more comfortable for longer stretches of pavement. I'll keep you guys posted.
    Last edited by ranger; 12-17-2014, 04:46 PM.

    Comment


    • #92
      Okay, after a lot of interest - the Jeep is sold! I pulled it out of the garage for the auto carrier to pick it up today. This was the first time the Jeep has seen rain in months.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	Rain.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	179902

      Hearing the Hemi wake up one last time was great and watching the Jeep climb the ramps of the carrier was certainly bittersweet. I was sad to see it go, but I know the future owner is a great guy and has a lot in store for this Jeep. Hopefully he'll keep the build thread going (wink wink, nudge nudge ) as this Jeep's story is now his to tell.

      Thanks to everyone who followed this thread; I truly appreciate the members who commented, answered questions, sold me parts, and showed appreciation along the way. Your input was essential in keeping me on track and your comments really made updating this thread worthwhile.

      Here are some shots of the Jeep getting loaded on the carrier - it's now on its way to the great state of Pennsylvania!

      Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	179903

      Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	179904

      Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	179905

      Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	179906

      Comment


      • #93
        Congrats on the sale....I'm sure it is bitter-sweet.

        Cheers

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Tru-bicon View Post
          Congrats on the sale....I'm sure it is bitter-sweet.

          Cheers
          It is, but such is life. It's time to move on. I wish I could keep them all!

          Comment


          • #95
            Great looking TJ.
            Pick up virtue from everyone

            Comment


            • #96
              Do you recall the kind of mpg you would get with the 5.7 hemi, 35's, and 4.10?

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by 97Heep View Post
                Do you recall the kind of mpg you would get with the 5.7 hemi, 35's, and 4.10?
                Around 13-14 MPG with the OD off ("fun mode") when driving around town

                14-15 MPG around town and on the highway at 65 MPH+

                16-16.5 MPG if I kept it under 65 MPH - two lane country roads

                ---

                Like any other vehicle, it's all how you drive. I am very gentle on the skinny pedal - especially around down daily driving and what not, so I'm sure that reflects in my results. The OD really quiets the Hemi down a lot and keeps the RPMs low. The Jeep would rip with the OD off. I blew away many a bro truck when I owned this Jeep.

                EDIT: I would also note that I noticed absolutely no change in MPG results when I went from the OEM tire size to BFG 35x12.50r17 KM2s. I also recorded all of my mileage data from the Trailguide GPS, so it's about as accurate as you can get.
                Last edited by ranger; 04-09-2015, 12:22 PM.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Thanks!

                  This is a picture of the Jeep with the new owner! He is excited to have the Jeep, and ready to use it. We helped facilitate the transaction, shipping, registration, and inspection. Seeing the Jeep, combing through it mechanically, and ultimately driving it, we were very impressed with the build, and attention to detail! Good Luck Stephen with the new Overland Rig.
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by MountZionOffroad View Post
                    This is a picture of the Jeep with the new owner! He is excited to have the Jeep, and ready to use it. We helped facilitate the transaction, shipping, registration, and inspection. Seeing the Jeep, combing through it mechanically, and ultimately driving it, we were very impressed with the build, and attention to detail! Good Luck Stephen with the new Overland Rig.
                    highline!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MountZionOffroad View Post
                      This is a picture of the Jeep with the new owner! He is excited to have the Jeep, and ready to use it. We helped facilitate the transaction, shipping, registration, and inspection. Seeing the Jeep, combing through it mechanically, and ultimately driving it, we were very impressed with the build, and attention to detail! Good Luck Stephen with the new Overland Rig.
                      That's a big smile! Glad to see he's enjoying the rig!

                      It was a pleasure doing business with you. I'm truly flattered you were impressed with the vehicle as I know you see a lot of Jeeps roll through your shop. I did my best to make sure every modification was tasteful and completed correctly - it's all about the details. Thanks again and remind the new owner to keep the thread going. I'm still getting PMs about this Jeep - it's a special vehicle.

                      Comment


                      • Bumping this thread as I have a quick question for you: I know you sold your Hemi 5.7L Jeep TJ a while back but can you recall if the "overdrive-off" switch - specifically the indicator light on the button itself functioned and lit up with the button was pushed?

                        I have a 2007 5.7L Hemi with a 545rfe swapped into a 2005 Jeep TJ and for some reason the light on the button doesn't come on when I hit the switch. However I can tell the torque converter is disengaging and functioning properly. Just curious. Thanks.
                        Last edited by coguy; 12-27-2018, 10:56 AM.

                        Comment


                        • I have a 5.7 HEMI TJ with the swap done by AEV. The switch works but the light does not illuminate. My guess is it has to be something in the drive by wire system of the HEMI that keeps it from illuminating.

                          Mike

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by coguy View Post
                            Bumping this thread as I have a quick question for you: I know you sold your Hemi 5.7L Jeep TJ a while back but can you recall if the "overdrive-off" switch - specifically the indicator light on the button itself functioned and lit up with the button was pushed?

                            I have a 2007 5.7L Hemi with a 545rfe swapped into a 2005 Jeep TJ and for some reason the light on the button doesn't come on when I hit the switch. However I can tell the torque converter is disengaging and functioning properly. Just curious. Thanks.
                            Originally posted by LSRMike View Post
                            I have a 5.7 HEMI TJ with the swap done by AEV. The switch works but the light does not illuminate. My guess is it has to be something in the drive by wire system of the HEMI that keeps it from illuminating.

                            Mike

                            Gents,

                            coguy
                            LSRMike

                            It’s been a few years, and I’m stretching my memory regarding this Jeep (which was a blast to own), but I do remember that the little amber LED in the OD switch did not illuminate when the switch was activated. I vaguely remember playing around with the switch when I had the dash bezel pulled apart and came to the same conclusion as LSRMike. Illuminating the LED wasn’t a simple solution and like coguy mentioned, the OD disengagement was very apparent due to the torque increase. I didn’t consider digging deeper.

                            I hope this answers your question.

                            -Steve

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X