Banks System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banks System

I just purchased a 2016 JK 350 and I'm thinking about a exhaust and cold air system. Does anyone have any experience with the Banks stinger kit?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1645.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	196308

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard good things about Banks exhaust. However if I had to offer a suggestion, a true cold air intake is not available for a JK due to design. Typically a CAI would go into a wheel well and have a heat shield so it is away from the hot engine bay. We don't have that option with JKs due to vehicle design. A CAI on a JK is usually a larger, less restrictive filter and a chrome tube but still extracting air from the same location as before. An AEV Snorkel would allow your JK to pull in cooler and potentially cleaner air (with optional pre-filter) from outside the engine bay. They also are a head turner mod
    Last edited by AEV Chris; 08-16-2016, 01:43 PM.
    Chris Holt
    Marketing Associate, AEV
    248-926-0256 x272
    cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

My plan is to add the snorkel being it adds an distinctive look and functionality.

Comment

I have the exhaust/intake from Banks and love it! Not too loud and a good mellow tone which lessens at highway speed. Didn't hurt mileage and may have gained a touch in that respect. When you go full throttle it gets pretty crazy and I think that's because of the venting in the heat reduction hood...
        From my standpoint was worthy dollars spent..

Comment

Thank you for the input.

Comment

BTW sweet jeep!

Comment

Thank you. I bought it in Costa Mesa. I need to add snorkel, fuel caddy, rear light and a few other parts. I'm going to keep everything AEV and I'm loving it. Can't wait to take it out for an adventure.

Comment

I installed a high tuck ARF driver side exhaust with and Airraid cold air intake with the AEV snorkel and love it filter box and AEV snorkel goes together almost like factory set-up better sound more HP etc.

Comment

Forget a CAI on a wrangler unless you want to hydro lock next time you cross a mild stream or mud hole......
                  If you search around on the WWW you'll quickly forget that bad idea!
                  Stone White 2012 JK SWB 2.8 Diesel, Pintlers w/beadlock, Cooper ST Maxx 285*70r17, Premium bumper w/un-winchplate, XT dualsport 2.5 lift, drake hold downs...procal in glovebox

Comment

Working...
                  X