Lizard Skin - Sound Control?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lizard Skin - Sound Control?

Has anybody used or seen Lizard Skin products, Sound Control and Ceramic Insulation used? Specifically on the inside of a Jeep's hardtop? We are building a new Brute (yes a new one) and we will be spraying the inside with first the Lizard Skin Sound Control and then the their Ceramic Insulation products but we're not sure if we should spray the inside of the hard top or not. Not sure we want the look of the "popcorn rough" finish on the inside of the hardtop.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks in advance, Ben
    Ben Hedrick
    www.BenHedrick.com
    HEDRICK Speedsports

"Ive got a Jeep problem"
    2007 5.7L HEMI Sahara Unlimited - Sold
    2010 6.1L HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
    2011 6.4L (392) HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
    2002 4.0L AEV Brute - Sold
    2003 6.4L "Stroker" HEMI AEV Brute - Sold
    2005 4.0L SC AEV K9 Brute - Sold
    2014 345 HEMI Rubicon Xpo Adventurer
    2000 4.0L AEV 112 Long Wheelbase
    2006 4.0L AEV Brute Rubicon

The underside of the Hemi TJ I owned was coated with Lizard Skin. The coating was applied before I purchased the vehicle, so I have no baseline to compare it to. I will say that the exhaust drone and tire hum seemed to be muffled considerably. I think an interior application on a hardtop would help a lot with resonance and radiant heat from the sun during the summer months.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but UUO has it applied to the tub as well. Maybe the current owner can chime in before he sells that beast

Comment

Originally posted by ranger View Post
      The underside of the Hemi TJ I owned was coated with Lizard Skin. The coating was applied before I purchased the vehicle, so I have no baseline to compare it to. I will say that the exhaust drone and tire hum seemed to be muffled considerably. I think an interior application on a hardtop would help a lot with resonance and radiant heat from the sun during the summer months.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but UUO has it applied to the tub as well. Maybe the current owner can chime in before he sells that beast
      Thanks Ranger!

I've decided to not do the hardtop with the Lizard Skin simply for the reason of "aesthetics" as I don't think I'd like the rough finish look for the inside of the hardtop. We are applying the Sound Control and Ceramic Insulation for the inside of the tub.

Thanks, Ben
      Ben Hedrick
      www.BenHedrick.com
      HEDRICK Speedsports

"Ive got a Jeep problem"
      2007 5.7L HEMI Sahara Unlimited - Sold
      2010 6.1L HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
      2011 6.4L (392) HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
      2002 4.0L AEV Brute - Sold
      2003 6.4L "Stroker" HEMI AEV Brute - Sold
      2005 4.0L SC AEV K9 Brute - Sold
      2014 345 HEMI Rubicon Xpo Adventurer