The military

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The military

I really like AEV; the founding story of it, mission, products, people, etc. however no MD from AEV has always seemed odd to me. AEV started with the Jeep whose legend began in WWII and then moved to the Ram who has the Dodge Power Wagon history in WWII as well. Much like Harley Davidson (whose ass was saved by WWI when the government bought their contract...Indian was arguably kicking their ass before they lost the major contract and lost their foothold in the retail market) it seems AEV has their hands on historically military vehicles that are icons due to military service in the world wars...and yet no military discount to honor that heritage. Harley is well known for their involvement with the military and they do offer great discounts. It also seems odd to me that AEV doesn't market to service members. Drive on a military base and 60% of vehicles are trucks. Drive around infantry units and their parking lots are probably a higher (truck or jeep for that matter) percentage than that. Military bases are all over the US with great off-roading spots around them. It seems AEV needs to start doing expos and trips with military members and wounded veterans around military installations (Uwharrie, Big Bear, MOAB, Mojave Desert, the list goes on), offer a discount, and I am sure, like most military members who are brand loyal, AEV will do well in that market, especially with public relations when taking wounded vets out on expo trips which is very therapeutic as we all know, and those with fixed incomes serving their country will have greater access to some of the finest off-road rigs out there. Semper Fidelis.

Just my two cents as a military member. AEV does participate in many Jeep/off-road events and have done trail rides. As to a discount I think they have a same approach Apple does the price is the price. My personal experiences with AEV have always been excellent. I have been to both the old office in Detroit and the new one this summer. Both experiences were great. Paul at the main office has always gone out of his way to assist me. I know of plenty veterans and active service members that use their products myself included. Honestly, I like the fact AEV does their own thing when it comes to marketing and products. There was plenty of junk for the JL at SEMA this year. AEV showed once again not rushing production of parts is the right thing to do. Having a military AEV edition would just make me think of work on the trail and that would be horrible.

Mike
    C-5 Flight Engineer

Comment

Didn’t mention or recommend an AEV military edition. Agreed, I wouldn’t want that. Unfortunately, a lot of service members buy the junk they see at SEMA because it’s what they can afford it. Another interesting note, USAA always releases the top 10 vehicles owned by service members and right now, across all services, RAM is #2 and Jeep is #5. In the Marine Corps specifally, RAM is #1 and Jeep #5. That wasn’t always the case, RAM has come a long way. Thought that was interesting.

Comment

I'm a retired disabled veteran.

I have joined AEV on several customer tours and I have always had a great time. I don't expect companies to give a military discount but I appreciate it if they do. I don't have an AEV factory built Jeep but mine has enough parts on it to make it look like it was. I honestly like the fact when I go on a customer tour with AEV I get to meet people outside of the military community. Another thing AEV has most of their product line made in the United States and that is a huge factor when I buy something.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate.Hamm View Post
          I'm a retired disabled veteran.

I have joined AEV on several customer tours and I have always had a great time. I don't expect companies to give a military discount but I appreciate it if they do. I don't have an AEV factory built Jeep but mine has enough parts on it to make it look like it was. I honestly like the fact when I go on a customer tour with AEV I get to meet people outside of the military community. Another thing AEV has most of their product line made in the United States and that is a huge factor when I buy something.
          I am an active military member and I feel the same way. I will never ask for it and if a company doesn't offer it then I will probably think slightly less of them. For me it's about the principle of it, and if you've never served then you will never understand the sacrifice. However, with AEV i usually get over it pretty fast given how awesome they are and how awesome their stuff is. If their customer service was horrible and their product was crap, i would probably disown the company. But AEV makes up for it by 1) trying to make all their stuff in America, 2) thier awesome customer service and 3) their awesome products (looks and quality).

I also second Nate.Hamm comment about meeting other people. The last thing I really want is to hang out with a bunch of military guys on a stress reducing trail weekend. I do enough of it on a daily basis.

Like I said, would be nice...but its whatever
          2014 White Sahara JKU...AEV 3.5in SC lift, AEV Rear bumper, Hi-Lift/Pull Pal Mount w/Jack, Black Pintlers, 35in Trail Grapplers, CHML 3rd Brake Light, Rear Camera

Comment

Working...
          X