Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeep Gladiator... will AEV offer a 2 door SWB version??? Come on Dave do it!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Gladiator... will AEV offer a 2 door SWB version??? Come on Dave do it!!!

Come on guys.... Let's put a little pressure on Dave and the team to do what we wanted Jeep to do with the new Gladiator.... It's an awesome truck, but just too long of a wheel base... Dave, please make a door door SWB Gladiator.... its look's like you could cut just behind both front and rear doors and associated frame length and then bring it all back together. Think JKU/JLU wheelbase in a gladiator truck! We want it Dave, please do it!!!! Others? Thoughts?

I think that it would be interesting to see a shorter wheelbase variant of the Gladiator... just not sure what (if any) business case AEV could make.
    Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
    4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

I agree, but if no one speaks up there is demand with no voice. The business case needs to start somewhere and it would only make logical sense that it start here with users letting AEV know there is demand for such a vehicle. Personally, if someone like AEV does not do it, I'm going to just do it myself. :-)

Comment

I am not sure how it would be feasible, heck it was not feasible when they were still doing Brutes. Too much investment for such limited return.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffd View Post
          I am not sure how it would be feasible, heck it was not feasible when they were still doing Brutes. Too much investment for such limited return.
          Exactly. And people now-a-days want 4 doors. People LOVED the Outpost II, but many people didn't realize it was stretched and still wanted 4 doors (eating into the camper shell, thus basically nullifying the addition.). Same feedback on the Prospector XL Tray Bed, people loved it, but many people said they weren't a customer solely because we only built them on regular cab trucks. You never know but face value, there is not a strong business case to make a good looking and still extremely functional 2 door Gladiator.

Comment

I could see Jeep make one for the Easter Jeep Safari just for fun. However, I don't see it going much further than that.
            "Don't wish for it,work for it."
            2014 Ram Power Wagon

Comment

I feel like it would be easier to take the JL frame and extend it for a 2 door Gladiator than it would be to take a Gladiator and chop it in the middle. Also on a 2 door you would need to change where the wheels are in the bed since the fender flares come into the cab section slightly, and could interfere with the standard front door.

Of course I am just seeing where I could see there being obstacles to overcome, and I have no modeling, or proof to back up my suspicions.
              Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
              4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

No one wants a 2 door truck these days. remember how well the JK8 kit sold? I would like to see AEV to do some kind of upfitting to the Gladiator.

Comment

I would not say no one wants a 2 door truck. Heck I do. The JK8 looked liked a JKU converted to a truck (i.e. no separation between cab and bed). Many people would want an OEM or near OEM 2 door truck as hardly anyone makes one that is remotely capable the days. Saying no wants one is like saying no one wants a manual transmission these days. If thats the case talk to manufacturers like Porsche, etc. which have realized there is a dedicated market that is willing to pay. Yes, not as many as the grocery getting type, which unfortunately Jeep has marketed appealed to with the JK and JL.

Comment

Prorock 60, yes some people want a 2dr truck but will the investment to convert it from any aftermarket company be worth it? Plus as a vehicle that does not have a commercial purpose it makes it harder to justify it. Toyota stopped making a 2dr standard cab truck for their Tacoma.

I would think it would be neat if aev does something different about the bed. Or an innovative bed rack system.

Comment

Originally posted by Prorock60 View Post
                      I would not say no one wants a 2 door truck. Heck I do. The JK8 looked liked a JKU converted to a truck (i.e. no separation between cab and bed). Many people would want an OEM or near OEM 2 door truck as hardly anyone makes one that is remotely capable the days. Saying no wants one is like saying no one wants a manual transmission these days. If thats the case talk to manufacturers like Porsche, etc. which have realized there is a dedicated market that is willing to pay. Yes, not as many as the grocery getting type, which unfortunately Jeep has marketed appealed to with the JK and JL.
                      There is a demand for the 2 door JT... a small demand, but it is there. I doubt there is enough demand for Jeep to do it, and if AEV does it I would expect it to be around Brute pricing of $30,000 for the conversion since it would require a new cab closeout, top, bed, and likely changes to the frame.

The other issue you run into on the 2 door is that there are people who want a 2 door with the 5 foot bed, and there are others who want a 2 door with an 8 foot bed, so then you need to decide the route to go.
                      Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited

Comment

The same group of people who want a 2 door truck probably doesn't want to pay $50,000 for one. If AEV did the conversion I bet it would look super cool. I bet we will see a concept truck. Maybe we will see a JL8 conversion from Dakota-customs.

I bet there are more people waiting for an AEV RAM rear bumper.

Comment

The 2 door concept “image” That’s floating around looks very good. I really think it would be a hit.

Comment

Originally posted by GSADON View Post
                            The 2 door concept “image” That’s floating around looks very good. I really think it would be a hit.
                            I would agree that it looks good, but on the Gladiator forums there is disagreement over if the bed should remain the same length, or become longer on a 2 door.

At the end of the day I think if the Gladiator does well Jeep would look into a 2 door down the road, but ultimately if would take a lot of capital to have 3 different frames and 2 different bed sizes to keep up with. At the moment a majority (I think last I heard was 80%+) of the Wranglers sold were 4 doors, and I would guess in the truck market the rates are even higher outside of fleet vehicles. I am not sure at what point does the demand of a small minority of Jeep owners (yes they are vocal in the forums, but Jeep owners on a forum are already a small minority of Jeep owners) outweigh the costs of keeping all the inventory.
                            Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited

Comment

Originally posted by JeepinJon View Post

I would agree that it looks good, but on the Gladiator forums there is disagreement over if the bed should remain the same length, or become longer on a 2 door.

At the end of the day I think if the Gladiator does well Jeep would look into a 2 door down the road, but ultimately if would take a lot of capital to have 3 different frames and 2 different bed sizes to keep up with. At the moment a majority (I think last I heard was 80%+) of the Wranglers sold were 4 doors, and I would guess in the truck market the rates are even higher outside of fleet vehicles. I am not sure at what point does the demand of a small minority of Jeep owners (yes they are vocal in the forums, but Jeep owners on a forum are already a small minority of Jeep owners) outweigh the costs of keeping all the inventory.
                              This is where Dave H comes into play. Offer it in a conversion and see what happens. Look what he did for the jeep brand now. The Gladiator or pretty well a spitting image of the BDC. Regular cab short bed would be my configuration. Pulling at my inner TJ Brute heart strings lol

Comment

Working...
                              X