AEV Front Bumper / Safety Flag Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEV Front Bumper / Safety Flag Mount

I visit Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan 3-4 times a year. This State owned ORV area requires you to have a front bumper mounted safety flag. There are vendors all over the area that sell generic flag mount that I've always made work in the past, but I wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone has come up with a more model specific solution for the AEV front bumper.

I may just have a welding shop fab one up for me, but maybe there is an option out there that would save me the hassle.

Thanks in advance!

Why don't you just drill a 1/2 hole on one side of your front bumper and attach the flag that way? Maybe one of the holes around the winch that is used for the block off plate will work.

Comment

I’m on my way back to Michigan and I’ll grab some pictures on my set up. I took 1 1/2 angle iron and capped off the end with flat stock. Use the bumper mounting bolts to fasten this to the Jeep. Drill a hole in the “cap” for the flag to bolt through. Be careful with the location of this hole so the flag clears the bumper. Lastly you will need to notch the plastic splash guard. I did mine (pre winch) with a hole saw. I then inserted a short length of rubber hose in the gap left after cutting the splash guard. It’ll make more sense after you cut it. Mine are is on the PS and ends up about dead center with the headlight
      Frank -- W9VMF
      2013 JKU MOAB Edition
      AEV 2.5 XT with geometry correction brackets
      AEV Saltas with 35 12.5 R17 BFG KM3

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions. I ended up using 2 of the bolts that hold the winch cover plate (I don't currently run a winch) to mount a 1.5 inch wide x 9 inch piece of steel. I had to drill 3 holes (1 for the flag and 2 for the mounting points) and twist it a little to couture the bumper. Here's a picture of what it turned out like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flag.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	259022

Comment

Working...
        X