X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3MTA3
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffd View Post
    there is not enough difference in the hd D44 to make spending that kind of money worth while. If you are going to spend that much spend a bit more and go D60. How hard do you wheel? if not hardcore than keep what you have until it fails.
    Thanks for the feedback...my angle was that spending the money to re-gear the stock d44 from 4.10 to 5.13, sleeve and gusset is ~1K. That doesn't include chromoly axles, so another 1K or more which the spicer HD has plus other add-ons, less reselling the stock d44 for maybe 1K is a net wash....plus its all 100% new. Adding the value of the better pinion angle is another unmeasureable in dollar plus because the stock d44 cannot be made to duplicate easily.

My call for advice is whether there is any incompatibility on with relation to the hemi which make the obvious benefits less than ideal. Make sense?

Leave a comment:

• jeffd
    replied
    there is not enough difference in the hd D44 to make spending that kind of money worth while. If you are going to spend that much spend a bit more and go D60. How hard do you wheel? if not hardcore than keep what you have until it fails.

Leave a comment:

• 3MTA3
    replied
    no answers or comments? Did I post this in the correct area?

Leave a comment:

• Advice on Spicer Heavy Duty Dana 44 Krate Axle for my build

I have a 2011 Rubicon with the 6.4L and 545 with stock 4.10 dana 44 rubicon axles. I just made the jump to 37" BFG KM3's...I know from reading AEV forums that 5.13 gearing is recommended with 37's and hemi's. I also understand that when going to 37's the stock dana 44 front isn't ideal. As a result I am about to pull the plug and order up the Spicer Heavy Duty Dana 44 Krate axle instead of throwing money at the stock dana44 that came with my rubicon originally. I am thinking this makes sense as by the time I re-gear, sleeve, gusset, do new balljoints, I will be far ahead as the Spicer HD44 has the added value of chromoloy shafts, 1/4" brackets, and HD diff cover, as the big benefit of ordering with the gear ratio I want.

My questions are does this make sense and am I missing anything (beside re-gearing the rear which btw I should be able to pay for by selling of the stock rubi stock dana 44 front). Any been there done that comments/advice. Any other options. Any downsides with using the spicer HD D44? Am I missing anything else, pls let me know, thanks in advance.

here are some pics of my Jeep

Working...
X