Custom Hearing Protection anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Hearing Protection anyone?

Hello, I have a hearing condition called hyperacusis and I've been looking for the best earplugs I can get for off-roading. I avoid going out this time because I am a bit of a paranoid when it comes to getting COVID19. So... I just want to know if anyone here tried buying from this website? They are called Big Ear and they offer home service for molding your ears for custom hearing protection and then they'll mail the product within a few weeks. They also do have instructions for DIY molding where they'll send a molding kit then you'll mold your ears and send back the kit with the molds. Some of their products are really intriguing and of course, I'd love to know if anyone here tried their products yet.

Here's how they look like.

Any other recommendation?

I haven't used that company specifically, but I did get custom ear plugs made and they're great. I use them mostly for shooting and motorcycles (not at the same time, ha). I'd be a little leery of trying the molding myself, but you may be more skilled than I am. Totally understand your concern about going out, although I'll share that the hearing center where I went to get mine done in April 2020 was extremely cautious. I would imagine most good hearing centers would be similarly cautious, and most likely fully vaccinated. Maybe give them a call and ask what their precautions are? Good luck.

Comment

I know inearzsport offers custom earplugs also.

Comment

Working...
      X