Back-Up Camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JeepinJon,
    Come on man!! You were supposed to say the fender modification kit that was used to put 37s on the Wrangler Flattop http://www.expeditionportal.com/vehi...r-flattop.html was actually made by AEV and was going to be released at SEMA

Comment

Originally posted by ryancrouch View Post
      JeepinJon,
      Come on man!! You were supposed to say the fender modification kit that was used to put 37s on the Wrangler Flattop http://www.expeditionportal.com/vehi...r-flattop.html was actually made by AEV and was going to be released at SEMA
      Those are the 10th Ann Rubi bumpers.
      2009 JK Rubi (4DR, Det. Yellow)
      AEV: 3.5" SC, Fr/Rr Bumpers w/ all works, Corner Guards, Rr Diff Slider, Hood, Snorkel, Pre-Filter, Savegres

Comment

JKMax,
        This is the quote I was referring to from the article:

"Surprisingly, the 37-inch Mickey Thompson tires fit with minimal modification due to a "fender modification kit" that will soon be released by an unknown aftermarket company."

Would be very interesting to see who is making it. Oh sorry for the thread hijack!!

Comment

Wow...extremely excited!! I need one for so bad as I really think the rear view obstruction the AEV stuff presents is a safety concern.
          2012 JKU Arctic Edition 4.5" AEV / Clayton combo, 37" IROKs, ProRock 44, ARB Locked, + some stuff
          2006 BMW M6 - SMG
          2014 Acura MDX
          1990 Honda CRX Si bored / stroked / supercharged ITR

Comment

Originally posted by ryancrouch View Post
            JeepinJon,
            It is pretty safe to say that is not an AEV product. The Flattop fenders are a couple inches wider than stock and wouldn't line up with the AEV bumpers they have incorporated in with the fenders.
            Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
            4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Originally posted by jadkar View Post
              Wow...extremely excited!! I need one for so bad as I really think the rear view obstruction the AEV stuff presents is a safety concern.
              I backed into a diesel pump but that was my own fault.

How many vehicles have no rearward visibility? Think of all the box vans, cargo vans, commercial vehicles, motocycles, ambulanes, fire trucks, etc. They use the side mirrors.

That being said, I hope to install my rear camera next weekend. :lol:
              08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
              Build thread: Here
              Lake Norman Crawlers

Comment

I see your point and if I backed into something it would clearly be my fault.

However with the type of customers that tend to buy pre-made AEV vehicles I'm surprised AEV would want themselves exposed in such a manner. Its easy for a lawyer to run with this one....I can hear it now....Jeep sells a vehicle that has some sort of mandated rear visibility because its a passenger vehicle. AEV modifies this and "put my client and the innocent public at risk". Blah blah blah..... you know how it is a good lawyer can put holes in just about anything.
                2012 JKU Arctic Edition 4.5" AEV / Clayton combo, 37" IROKs, ProRock 44, ARB Locked, + some stuff
                2006 BMW M6 - SMG
                2014 Acura MDX
                1990 Honda CRX Si bored / stroked / supercharged ITR

Comment

You guys mash , bash ,and thrash your rides and worry about backing into something or running over someone ?????

A Drivers Ed course might be a better investment.

Just saying ......

Comment

Originally posted by Panhead5 View Post
                    You guys mash , bash ,and thrash your rides and worry about backing into something or running over someone ?????

A Drivers Ed course might be a better investment.

Just saying ......
                    I worry about it because I have a 4 year old who does crazy things.
                    Jeff

2013 Sahara
                    AEV 2.5 XT lift, front/rear bumpers, hood, argent Pintlers, 315/70/17 Duratracs

Comment

First off, I worry about my small kids and dogs that run around my vehicle while i'm in the driveway. Secondly, putting a camera in is a high priority for me as I bashed in my rear bumper on a rock while trying to reverse in heavy rain, mud while on a trail in VT. The rock was in the most insane spot from a blindspot perspective, camera would have assisted me a great deal.

I don't need a driver's course.
                      2013 AEV JKU Rubicon
                      2005 Jeep Rubicon

Comment

I get the kid safety thing and if the back up camera thing makes you feel good about it go for it but it sounds like you might be driving the wrong vehicle .

Comment

Originally posted by Panhead5 View Post
                          I get the kid safety thing and if the back up camera thing makes you feel good about it go for it but it sounds like you might be driving the wrong vehicle .
                          Guess I don't get how being concerned for kid safety means I'm driving the wrong vehicle?
                          Jeff

2013 Sahara
                          AEV 2.5 XT lift, front/rear bumpers, hood, argent Pintlers, 315/70/17 Duratracs

Comment

Sub'ed as I was looking for a backup camera to add on.

I plan on getting the AEV bumpers w/ tire carrier; this looks to be the perfect fit as the CHMSL was looking to be a must buy add on as well as the backup light.

Now back to waiting for my Jeep Rubi order to get built.

Sema is only 4 weeks away, hopefully this will be available to purchase at that time or shortly afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by BaboonBP View Post
                              Sub'ed as I was looking for a backup camera to add on.

I plan on getting the AEV bumpers w/ tire carrier; this looks to be the perfect fit as the CHMSL was looking to be a must buy add on as well as the backup light.

Now back to waiting for my Jeep Rubi order to get built.

Sema is only 4 weeks away, hopefully this will be available to purchase at that time or shortly afterwards.

SEMA is well over and done with....soooooo still haven't seen anything for sale...wonder if it can be purchased by calling AEV....
                              2014 White Sahara JKU...AEV 3.5in SC lift, AEV Rear bumper, Hi-Lift/Pull Pal Mount w/Jack, Black Pintlers, 35in Trail Grapplers, CHML 3rd Brake Light, Rear Camera

Comment

Originally posted by HeloDriver11 View Post
                                SEMA is well over and done with....soooooo still haven't seen anything for sale...wonder if it can be purchased by calling AEV....
                                SEMA is a trade only show, so oftentimes parts are shown there to judge interest, and doesn't mean they will be going on sale anytime soon. There have been many products (both AEV and non AEV) that have been shown at SEMA that either never made it to the public, or that showed up in the 6-9 months after SEMA.
                                Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
                                4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Working...
                                X