AEV 2018-19 Jeep JL Conversions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEV 2018-19 Jeep JL Conversions?

With the release of the JL looming, does AEV plan to have product offerings for the new model close to launch, or a few years later like the JK release?

Just trying to plan out my next 4x4 purchase
    2014 Granite JKUR w/expo stuff

Originally posted by klausvanwinkle View Post
    With the release of the JL looming, does AEV plan to have product offerings for the new model close to launch, or a few years later like the JK release?

Just trying to plan out my next 4x4 purchase
    When the JK came out they had things ready a few months after they hit dealership floors. Over the years the products have been improved, and the line has been expanded. I am sure the next version will be a similar process.
    Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
    4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Sometimes manufacturers provide specs to aftermarket companies ahead of time so that aftermarket support will exist at launch. Toyota did this to help launch the FJ cruiser.

I'm going to assume that it'll take AEV a few years to develop a full set up for the new JLs.

But I'm definitely waiting on an AEV turnkey package for the new diesel JL pickup.

Comment

Very curious as to this myself. I am itching to get back into a Jeep but am hedging my bets on the first year model JL vs a current, tried and true JK. Also, there will undoubtedly be an AEV delay in getting the new JL up-fitted directly from AEV.

Comment

I don't know... AEV in Michigan is pretty tight with Fiat/Chrysler... They probably helped design the JL and the pickup version....
          2016 Ram 2500 6.4L Crew-Longhorn
          2005 TJ Brute Project-ongoing....
          2005 AEV Wrangler LJ Rubi
          2012 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Longhorn- Sold
          2008 Jeep JK 4 Door - Sold
          2006 Avalanche 2500-Sold
          2002 Tahoe Z-71-Totalled
          1998 Ram 2500-sold
          1993 YJ w/LT-1-Sold
          1989 Cherokee-sold
          1987 Cherokee-sold
          1976 Ford Gran Torino-sold
          1962 Jeep FC-150 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by Evanyj350 View Post
            I don't know... AEV in Michigan is pretty tight with Fiat/Chrysler... They probably helped design the JL and the pickup version....

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if jeep just bought the plans for the brute bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Evanyj350 View Post
              I think that you over estimate the input that AEV has. Their partner QMC might have made a handful of stamped parts for Jeep, but a lot of times AEV is the last to know Jeeps plans. I remember being at the AEV office in Missoula when they found out from a blog that Jeep was using their hood on a special edition from a blog, not from Jeep themselves.
              Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
              4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Bump now that we’ve seen the JL

Comment

Based on some of the leaked suspension pics, it doesn't appear to be much different suspension wise than the JK. Aftermarket kits may require some bracket changes and maybe re-tuned shocks, but it doesn't appear as though a full from scratch re-engineering process will be needed. Fingers crossed.
                  2012 JKUR 3.5 SC, F/R Bumpers, HRH, Savegres, KM2s

Comment

Originally posted by klausvanwinkle View Post
                    Bump now that we’ve seen the JL
                    I am sure it will be a while. With the JK it was about 6-9 months after the preliminary pictures until SEMA when parts started showing up. SEMA at that time was about 3 months after the JK was for sale, and then the parts to go from prototype to production was about another 6 months. If the JL starts shipping in January (projected) I would say you will see prototype parts at EJS, with production in late summer, early fall.
                    Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited

Comment

Mopar has the jump on everyone. No reason they wouldn’t try and get in the game before anyone else and block aev and others? Thus aegis need to start exploring other markets like Chevy?
                      https://www.quadratec.com/c/blog/mop...angler-release
                      Last edited by Wapitihunter; 11-06-2017, 10:00 PM.
                      2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo M/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

Of course we plan on offering a full JL catalog of parts. But first we need Jeep to finally release the vehicle!
                        Chris Holt
                        Marketing Associate, AEV
                        248-926-0256 x272
                        cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

Sorry to hear that FCA is playing hardball with everyone this go-around with the JL. In a normal vehicle release cycle, I know we'd see prototype parts from you guys already.

Todd Z.

Comment

It does seem like Jeep is looking to get in on some of that aftermarket money. Hopefully, that means less things owners have to "fix" with aftermarket parts this time. The JK should have had better headlights (JL has LEDS), door sills, grab handles (JL has), stronger hood latches (JL has), Aux switches (JL Has), something that made the tailgate functional (The JL seems to have some kind of extrusion on the interior tailgate), and a stronger front axle (hopefully that's addressed too).

Comment

This pic is showing up on multiple forums. Supposedly a JL with a 3" Mopar lift on 37s. Rumor also has it that the JL Rubicon will be able to run 35s with no lift. The Mopar lifts typically feel a bit soft which if the pics are true has me hoping for an AEV 3" kit with expedition rated springs.
                              2012 JKUR 3.5 SC, F/R Bumpers, HRH, Savegres, KM2s

Comment

Working...
                              X