AEV 2018-19 Jeep JL Conversions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daveh View Post
    This pic is showing up on multiple forums. Supposedly a JL with a 3" Mopar lift on 37s. Rumor also has it that the JL Rubicon will be able to run 35s with no lift. The Mopar lifts typically feel a bit soft which if the pics are true has me hoping for an AEV 3" kit with expedition rated springs.
    You can (and probably shouldn't) fit 35s on a JK with no lift if you cut up the flares and have the correct offset and backspacing.

We already have a high capacity spring in final testing now and we showed them at SEMA. That will likely end up being a product that is carried over onto the JL platform as well.
    Chris Holt
    Marketing Associate, AEV
    248-926-0256 x272
    cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

It sounds like a lot of JK aftermarket parts will work with the JL. The main one I'm curious out, and will stop me from ordering one, is if the AEV geo correction brackets and lifts will work. I'd be suprised if they do considering the new axles. But it'd be great be able to have AEV parts at launch.
      2014 Granite JKUR w/expo stuff

Comment

Looks like the JL will be offered with many formerly-aftermarket-offered-parts installed directly at the Toledo factory, with FCA financing (snorkel, lifts, winch, lights, beadlocks), so AEV's offering will have to be even better to win the customer's business _ I may be wrong about that and probably mis heard the pundits on youtube from LA Show. The competition will be good for us : ) !
        Last edited by lucky73; 12-08-2017, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I think you are totally correct. Will obviously be included in warranty as well then. I have faith in AEV that they will be able to come up with something we haven't even thought of. Dave has a way of pushing the envelope and making the far reaching become mainstream and I am sure they will do it again. For example, if the new JL truck comes out as a double cab only, AEV will convert them to single cabs and make that what you need to have.
          Ward
          Last edited by Ward; 12-06-2017, 03:26 PM.
          2015 Dodge Ram 5500 "Intercontinental Cruiser" RV
          2007 Jeep JK w/ AT Habitat and lots of AEV goodies.
          2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon
          2014 Jeep JK

Comment

not gonna lie a single cab jeep truck with a diesel and 37's sounds pretty dam appealing lol. I'm gong ram again personally this time a 40" regular cab prospector 1 ton. the wife needs a new jeep though and she loves regular cab trucks lol. i swear she would turn down a ferrari for an aev jeep she likes her 4x4's

Comment

Originally posted by stunt man hans View Post
              not gonna lie a single cab jeep truck with a diesel and 37's sounds pretty dam appealing lol. I'm gong ram again personally this time a 40" regular cab prospector 1 ton. the wife needs a new jeep though and she loves regular cab trucks lol. i swear she would turn down a ferrari for an aev jeep she likes her 4x4's
              Those sound like some awesome builds! We have only built 1 regular cab truck on 40s that I know of, tray bed trucks aside.
              Attached Files
              Chris Holt
              Marketing Associate, AEV
              248-926-0256 x272
              cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                I think you are totally correct. Will obviously be included in warranty as well then. I have faith in AEV that they will be able to come up with something we haven't even thought of. Dave has a way of pushing the envelope and making the far reaching become mainstream and I am sure they will do it again. For example, if the new JL truck comes out as a double cab only, AEV will convert them to single cabs and make that what you need to have.
                Ward
                Exactly! Will force them to go even further.

Comment

Originally posted by stunt man hans View Post
                  FCA owns Jeep so really her Jeep IS a ferrari in a way : )

Comment

Originally posted by lucky73 View Post
                    Looks like the JL will be offered with many formerly-aftermarket-offered-parts installed directly at the Toledo factory, with FCA financing (snorkel, lifts, winch, lights, beadlocks), so AEV's offering will have to be even better to win the customer's business _ I may be wrong about that and probably mis heard the pundits on youtube from LA Show. The competition will be good for us : ) !

My experience is that dealerships will charge a premium for the Jeep branded parts along with the install. For example many dealerships will install the 2" JK lift with 33" tires on the JK for a $6,000. Might be a Jeep part and included in the financing, but all of the parts are under the Mopar Performance Parts warranty, which is that there is no warranty.
                    Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
                    4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

the video i saw suggested the mopar parts would be installed on the assembly line - who knows, not sure what any of it means. Watch the launch video and tell me what you hear.

Comment

I too have FULL faith in AEV ! With the release of the JL and many upgrades already being stock (Vented Hood on the Rubi), etc....I can only imagine that AEV will knock it out of the park with their JL Package !! The ONLY thing I have my fingers crossed for is that they continue to offer the Savegre Wheels in Black. Not sure why the discontinued the Argent and Silver.......My build won't come for a few years, So I'm not in as much of a hurry as many people are....Hence the reason for the Begging and Pleading to the AEV people like Chris...

PLEASE Continue to carry and offer the Savegre Wheel in Black ! Best Wheel I've seen......

Comment

It does seem that Mopar is taking notes and decided they could get the profits the aftermarket companies have been getting from Jeep Owners. I am anxiously awaiting what innovations AEV can come up with for the Jeep. I think suspension is one of the areas that offer opportunity. When you look at things like Raptor and ZR2 offering expensive shock packages, many customers would like to upgrade the Wrangler to something similar

Comment

Working...
                          X