No announcement yet.

New From AEV - Second Generation JK Snorkel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=azbmack;46330]I would love to know if anyone has installed the Gen 2 snorkel with a Gobi roof rack. The pre-filter (from the pictures) looks like it would hit the rack. The Gen 2 looks like it hugs the A-pillar closer too. The "exact fit to the JK body contours" has me a little concerned it won
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm courious how much more airflow this really gives over the gen 1. Is it worth switching to the gen 2?

Comment

Originally posted by JKMax View Post
        .. Might there be either a yet-to-be-released connection module to mate the new pre-filter to the 1st gen snorkel, or are there similar special DIY instructions that might include getting a muffle shop to make us a properly fluted intermediate piece to mate the new pre-filter on the 1st gen snorkel?
        you may use this to fit the new 4" pre-filter, but I'm not sure what the difference would be if we installed a 3" pre-filter instead (on the old snorkels),
        as both the ram and the old lost-in-space robot-head pre-filters are both 3"

Comment

I recently installed the new snorkel on my 2012 but it seems the snorkel doesn't sit in the middle of the cut in my AEV hood, it almost touches the back of the cut and sits against the metal, I will try and take a picture whne I get home today if it stops raining... Anyone else have this problem?

It isn't like the positioning is adjustable since it bolts in...

Comment

Can the AEV hood be adjusted back any?
            '10 JKU Rubicon/auto/5.13s - AEV 4.5 + 37 KM2s (on Pintlers), AEV Front Bumper/Skid/Warn 9.5ti, AEV Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier, AEV Diff Skid, PS Evap Skid, Rock Hard Oil/Tran/Cat Skid

Comment

Originally posted by aristobrat View Post
              Can the AEV hood be adjusted back any?
              Not that I know of, hopefully someone can help me out with this..

Also is anyone using the Off-Road (13") ANTENNA from Antennax with the new snorkel? I was going to get one and wasn't sure if it would work with the snorkel.

Comment

Does anyone know if this will work with the Rugged Ridge - Windshield Mount Light Bar?

Comment

could someone tell me how far above the roof line the ram air scoop sits? i need to make sure my jeep will fit in my garage before i order it.
                  2012 WHITE JKUR WITH AEV 3.5" LIFT,AEV CORNER GUARDS, AEV WHEELS, AEV BUMPERS, AEV HOOD, WARN 9.5 CTI, COOPER 35" STT TIRES, IPF LIGHTS, ROCK HARD 4X4 SKID PLATES, SPOD, AIRAID INTAKE, DIABLOSPORT TUNE, NITRO AXLE SLEEVES - SOLD

2014 AMP'D 2DR RUBICON X. Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers, Maximus-3 winch plate, Warn 9.5 CTI-S,AEV 2.5" lift, JKS control arm brackets and adj front track bar and OME s.s.

Comment

a couple of inches. I've got an AntennaX antenna and it works just fine (to answer an earlier Q).

Only issue I had with install is that the AEV instructions don't mention needing a rivet gun and they only supply rivets to attach the snorkel to the airbox.

2014 Mercedes Benz E550 4Matic - Gloss White
                    2013 BMW 328i M-Sport with Sport Automatic - Estoril Blue II
                    2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Gloss Black SOLD
                    2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon MW3 - SOLD
                    2010 Mercedes E550 Coupe (Sold)
                    2010 Infiniti FX35 AWD Sport Pkg (Sold)
                    2008 Subaru WRX STI (Sold) - 303whp/313tq
                    2006 MINI Cooper S (Sold) - 240whp/202tq
                    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon (Sold)
                    2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport (Sold)
                    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport (Sold)
                    1991 Honda CRX Si (Sold)

Comment

great thanks. How has the performance in daily driving changed? Have you noticed any lose of power on hills or highway driving? Or has the performance not changed enough to tell? Thanks
                      2012 WHITE JKUR WITH AEV 3.5" LIFT,AEV CORNER GUARDS, AEV WHEELS, AEV BUMPERS, AEV HOOD, WARN 9.5 CTI, COOPER 35" STT TIRES, IPF LIGHTS, ROCK HARD 4X4 SKID PLATES, SPOD, AIRAID INTAKE, DIABLOSPORT TUNE, NITRO AXLE SLEEVES - SOLD

2014 AMP'D 2DR RUBICON X. Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers, Maximus-3 winch plate, Warn 9.5 CTI-S,AEV 2.5" lift, JKS control arm brackets and adj front track bar and OME s.s.

Comment

I just put it on Saturday....I'll let you know my reaction this week as I drive it more. I've heard people say they felt more power with the rain air scoop. We'll see.
                        1991 Honda CRX Si (Sold)

Comment

did great on the drive in....55-75mph on the highway and if anything, feels like the motor is making a bit more up top (less dropping from 5th to 4th on hills).
                          1991 Honda CRX Si (Sold)

Comment

very nice to hear! thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PGT View Post
                              did great on the drive in....55-75mph on the highway and if anything, feels like the motor is making a bit more up top (less dropping from 5th to 4th on hills).
                              Sounds promising. I would be interested to see if the mileage increases any either.
                              Jeff

2013 Sahara
                              AEV 2.5 XT lift, front/rear bumpers, hood, argent Pintlers, 315/70/17 Duratracs

Comment

I figure the answer is no but on Thursday I will be trading my 2010 JK for a 2014. Is there any way to adapt the 3.8(second gen) snorkel to the 3.6?
                                "Dont wish for it,work for it."
                                2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

Working...
                                X