Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It had the Dynatrac front 44 housing, rear 60 with an E Locker. (axles and suspension where fine!) Was pretty much loaded, but I think they got that price from the Filson Edition Brute (our most expensive) which has custom paint and interior etc. I think that white one is about 110K which had about every option possible, I know it probably doesn't make a difference for someone spending that kind of money, but just to be accurate. It also had BFG 37x12.50s not 38s on it.

dh
    2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
    2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
    2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
    2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

I guess its a good thing I didn't order some 38" BFGs after seeing the show for my Jeep.
      Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
      4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Maybe they said 38 because they ran them at full street pressure?
        2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
        2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
        2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
        2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Dave View Post
          Maybe they said 38 because they ran them at full street pressure?
          I would hope they aired down for the off-road sections, but who knows with TV hosts. At least the Brute appeared to hold up better than the LR to the abuse. They didn't take it easy on those two vehicles at all.
          Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
          4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

For me, both the forums and AEV's main page were super-slow around 9:30PM ET. Hope the show brought them a ton of page views!
            '10 JKU Rubicon/auto/5.13s - AEV 4.5 + 37 KM2s (on Pintlers), AEV Front Bumper/Skid/Warn 9.5ti, AEV Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier, AEV Diff Skid, PS Evap Skid, Rock Hard Oil/Tran/Cat Skid

Comment

I don't believe they aired down at all.

you could really see them bumping around.

they are TV hosts. I wish they would have set a better example of wheeling, cause this is how we get a bad rap.

My question, did they buy the Brute or was it loaned to them? If so, I hope a discount is in order if that gets sold... :-D
              2014 Red JKUR
              AEV rear bumper
              AEV rear diff skid

2012 4-Door Silver MW3 Traded in 6/14
              2011 JK Detonator Yellow 4-Door - sold 4/12
              2007 JK Silver 2-Door - sold 4/11

Comment

If the Brute can survive Adam it can survive anything!
                2012 Ram Power Wagon
                Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, Salta HD Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II Tires

Comment

Originally posted by Edge Hawk View Post

they are TV hosts. I wish they would have set a better example of wheeling, cause this is how we get a bad rap.

My question, did they buy the Brute or was it loaned to them? If so, I hope a discount is in order if that gets sold... :-D

I am pretty sure that is a demo Brute that AEV built and took on the Rubicon and to other events prior to Top Gear. I am sure before it's sold it will get a thorough once over along with a discount.
                  Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited

Comment

Its times like these I miss having cable.
                    "Dont wish for it,work for it."
                    2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

Brute

It was good entertainment. They did pound the sh+t out of the vehicles. A couple buddies at work saw the show and felt the AEV Brute was "legit", the real deal. Overall pretty cool.. I hope the company picks up some additional interest and buyers.
                      15' AEV Brute DC Hemi 5.7L
                      17' Porsche 911
                      17' Porsche Macan GTS
                      66' Corvette Stingray Convert

Comment

Was not happy with their version Tread Lightly.
                        Certified Trainer - International 4-Wheel Drive Trainers' Association www.I4WDTA.org

2014 JKU Sport

"I would rather be lost in the woods than found in the city"

Comment

My DVR is set to record this episode tonight, can't wait to see it

Comment

I watched it last night and the AEV Brute was awesome to see in action.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepinJon View Post
                              I am pretty sure that is a demo Brute that AEV built and took on the Rubicon and to other events prior to Top Gear. I am sure before it's sold it will get a thorough once over along with a discount.
                              I happened to notice that the Brute had over 14,000 miles on the odometer. My guess is that one of the boys at AEV (maybe Jeff?) had been breaking that bad boy in prior to the taping of the show. Good Times

Comment

Originally posted by Edge Hawk View Post

Indeed, I noticed the same. If the tires were aired down at all, and I don't think they were, it could not have been too much as those tires looked to be very much inflated.

Comment

Working...
                                X