X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dendicott
    started a topic My epic Jeep trip...

My epic Jeep trip...

I just got back from an epic road trip in the jeep. We left Joplin, Missouri and stopped in Amarillo for a steak at the Big Texan Steak House. Two of my boys attempted the 72 ounce steak challenge. They came close, but failed. Then it was up to Roswell, NM (no aliens) then up to Santa Fe for some shopping with the wife. From there it was up to Moab for 2 days. We ran "Fins & Things", "Hell's Revenge", took a side trip to run the "Hell's Gate" obstacle, then ran "Poison Spider Mesa" trail. It was awesome fun.
    After Moab it was east to Ouray, CO for 4 days of fun on the trails. We ran Mineral Creek, Poughkipsee Gulch (climbed the wall - never used the winch), Hurricane Pass, Corkscrew Pass, Yankee Boy Basin, Imogene Pass, Ophir Pass, Engineer Pass, and Black Bear Pass. We ran the first half of Black Bear only to find it was closed, still blocked by snow. But, we spoke with a ranger that said they were clearing the pass that day. So, we returned early the next morning and were able to run all the way to Telluride. The dozer tracks were still fresh.
    It was a great vacation and an absolute blast. We took about 2500 pics. I've attached a few for you to check out. I cannot wait to go back.
    Attached Files

• forsakenfuture
    replied
    I bet I lived at least 25 years in Monett before moving to Montana. love it here but Missouri will always be home. I went back for a visit about two months ago and several people told me that someone at Jack Herny has a Brute double cab.

Leave a comment:

• Dendicott
    replied
    Having lived in Joplin my whole life, I have been to Monett many, many times. In fact, I have a son that is a programmer for Jack Henry there.

I saw in your profile that your jeep in an Anvil 2014 with black pintlers. Mine is an anvil 2015 with black saltas. Small world, thanks for dropping a line.

Leave a comment:

• forsakenfuture
    replied
    Lived many, many years near Joplin in a town called Monett. It's nice to see someone else from the area getting out and exploring.

Leave a comment:

• Dendicott
    replied
    That is Ophir pass. it is in Colorado and runs roughly from Telluride to Silverton. Highest elevation is 11,800 feet.

It is not a very technical trail at all, but the shelf road is narrow, and it is absolutely beautiful there. We were there in July, but there are lots of aspens, so I'm sure it is pretty in the fall.

DLE

Leave a comment:

• Apdski
    replied
    Trail Question

Never attached an image in this thread so hopefully it works.
    Which trail is this specifically? And where is it located?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Shunfrog
    replied
    Looks like a great trip. We took our new AEV jk350 to the Oct. jeepjamboree in Moab last year. Did metal masher ,top of the world, hells revenge, hells gate cost me a axle shaft "bent the flange"when my rear slid off the rock there where ur catching air in ur pic. did the car wash. And a few other trails . then over to black bear pass but was snowing there so did not do that. Then went to hot springs Arkansas did a few trails there, then back to Fl. about 4500 + miles and two weeks round trip. Love Moab everyone should go there at lest once and wheel. we also hit the big Texan steak ranch, but did not try the 72 oz deal. Safe wheeling

Leave a comment:

• Swamped
    replied
    Awesome photos and sounds like you had a heck of a trip. Well done!

Leave a comment:

• PhillyAEV
    replied
    AWESOME trip! I'm planning out a trip right now. Did you use an online trip planner for your journey? I'm looking for a good one to use.

Leave a comment:

• Rexjc
    replied
    Originally posted by Dendicott View Post
    This was all one trip. We were on the road for 11 days but that included some non-Jeep stops. We had 4 nights in Ouray and 2 nights in Moab. We drove a total of 2700 miles. We stayed in amarillo, roswell, Santa fe, Moab (2nights), Ouray (4 nights), pueblo, and finally Wichita, then back home to Joplin, MO. It was a blast! I can't wait to go back. Top of the list was Ouray, Moab and Santa Fe. What an adventure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    That is an epic trip. Sounds so good, that I'm adding it to my bucket list. Looking forward to more pictures.

Leave a comment:

• AEV Chris
    replied
    Looks like some great photos from an awesome trip!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Hedrick
    replied
    Originally posted by Dendicott View Post
    This was all one trip. We were on the road for 11 days but that included some non-Jeep stops. We had 4 nights in Ouray and 2 nights in Moab. We drove a total of 2700 miles. We stayed in amarillo, roswell, Santa fe, Moab (2nights), Ouray (4 nights), pueblo, and finally Wichita, then back home to Joplin, MO. It was a blast! I can't wait to go back. Top of the list was Ouray, Moab and Santa Fe. What an adventure!

AWESOME! Very cool indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Dendicott
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Hedrick View Post
    Overall, how long where you gone and on the road? Was this one trip or several? Great additional photos! Thanks!!

Ben

Leave a comment:

• Ben Hedrick
    replied
    Overall, how long where you gone and on the road? Was this one trip or several? Great additional photos! Thanks!!

Ben

Leave a comment:

• PeteEinMT
    replied
    Fantastic trip.

Pete

Leave a comment:

Working...
X