No announcement yet.

Dusy ershim August 22 with panhead.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoyed the photos of the Dusy. More pictures please. For the uninitiated, those rock gardens seem to make up about 30 miles of the 33 mile trail. The other three miles is spent squeezing your Jeep between large trees. If the Rubicon is a sprint, then the Dusy Ershim trail is a full marathon. About halfway into the trail, I remember wondering what I had gotten myself into, but by the end, there was a real sense of accomplishment (and relief). You definitely get good at working the locker button on this trail.

What's next on the bucket list?

Comment

Hey Rex -- that analogy is right on . I read on another forum how the Dusy just kept coming at you and never stopped and that's a fair assessment . No one ever mentioned how narrow it was and I did scrape a few trees with my front bumper . I would tell fellow forumites that you can do this with 35's and 2.5- 3.5 in lifts but you are going to work your ass off and be winch ready. I'm also completely unimpressed with the AEV rear bumper (and so is my tailgate ) but that 's another thread .

I'm going to look at possibly a stubby bumper and some other mods to make this more trail friendly although I don't know why , I'll probably never do it again. I may have to look at your Jeep pics and consult donjku . LOL !

Nothing more in my Jeep bucket list --- California is too far away !!

Comment

Originally posted by Panhead5 View Post
        Hey Rex -- that analogy is right on . I read on another forum how the Dusy just kept coming at you and never stopped and that's a fair assessment . No one ever mentioned how narrow it was and I did scrape a few trees with my front bumper . I would tell fellow forumites that you can do this with 35's and 2.5- 3.5 in lifts but you are going to work your ass off and be winch ready. I'm also completely unimpressed with the AEV rear bumper (and so is my tailgate ) but that 's another thread .

I'm going to look at possibly a stubby bumper and some other mods to make this more trail friendly although I don't know why , I'll probably never do it again. I may have to look at your Jeep pics and consult donjku . LOL !

Nothing more in my Jeep bucket list --- California is too far away !!
        I remember that trail was tough in the 80's along with the Sierra Trek / Fordyce Creek. Actually a River. Those trails seem to be as popular as the Moab area these days.
        2012 JK 2 Door 2.5" AEV lift/ Fuel Hostage17 x 9 wheels, with Nitto 295x70 x 17 Tires. Warn Vr8000, Elite Bumper, LOD rear bumper, Teraflex tire carrier. Wife's Jeep!

My Jeep. 2014 JKU, 6.4L Hemi AEV kit, 2.5" AEV lift, 35" Duratrac's. Gen Right aluminum bumpers, Warn VR 8000 winch. Pro Rock 44.

Comment

Scubie -- I'm coming to live with you and donjku !!!

Comment

I'll get a bunch more photos up when I get to a real computer.
            I agree full size bumper was a hiderance for bob. My stubby was much easier to maneuver thru the trees. Also made it easier in the rocks as tire could be maneuvered on rocks easier. Also shrocksworks rear bumper is rock solid and better suited for this kind of trail vs the aev bumper.
            As far as bucket list not sure I have knocked Moab several times, did the rubicon and dusy along with the San Juan areas in Colorado so I have had a great two years of jeeping. I'm like a poodle so hard to say what will sway me next. I know my wife said I need to take a break from jeep trips lol. I tend to jump in whole hog when I get involved in something.

Comment

Originally posted by scubatech View Post
              I remember that trail was tough in the 80's along with the Sierra Trek / Fordyce Creek. Actually a River. Those trails seem to be as popular as the Moab area these days.
              The Fordyce Creek trail is only about 10 miles long, but it's supposed to be more difficult than the Dusy Ershim. http://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/ca...reek-4x4-trail I was invited to run it with a group from San Diego, but they told me that the chance of some body damage was high. Since my Jeep is not a basher, I declined the offer. Lots of other great places to wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rexjc View Post
                The Fordyce Creek trail is only about 10 miles long, but it's supposed to be more difficult than the Dusy Ershim. http://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/ca...reek-4x4-trail I was invited to run it with a group from San Diego, but they told me that the chance of some body damage was high. Since my Jeep is not a basher, I declined the offer. Lots of other great places to wheel.
                True according to a young person that stopped by our campsite . He said the same thing about damage on Fordyce . Not for me !

Comment

True according to a young person that stopped by our campsite . He said the same thing about damage on Fordyce . Not for me !
                  What did he say? That he just puts a new body on every year or so lol. He said his dad was a doctor so spoiled Cali kid. He was social tho and spotted my quality beer right off the bat lol

Comment

Scubie -- I'm coming to live with you and donjku !!!
                    Come on out. We're not as cool as Montana where Jeff is but lots of trails and alignment shops for employment!!
                    2012 JK 2 Door 2.5" AEV lift/ Fuel Hostage17 x 9 wheels, with Nitto 295x70 x 17 Tires. Warn Vr8000, Elite Bumper, LOD rear bumper, Teraflex tire carrier. Wife's Jeep!

My Jeep. 2014 JKU, 6.4L Hemi AEV kit, 2.5" AEV lift, 35" Duratrac's. Gen Right aluminum bumpers, Warn VR 8000 winch. Pro Rock 44.

Comment

http://s743.photobucket.com/user/jad...?sort=3&page=1

here are some better photos if you are bored and want to look thru.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffd View Post
                        http://s743.photobucket.com/user/jad...?sort=3&page=1

here are some better photos if you are bored and want to look thru.
                        Not bored at all. Great photos. The timeline in Photobucket is reversed. Once I realized that, I went to the last photo and used the Left arrow. Looks like the Saltas's picked up a little rock rash along the way. What tire pressure were you running and who bought pink Maxtrax Running the Dusy-Ershim trail kind of grows on you. At first, you're just happy to have reached the end (survived) of the trail. As time goes on, you grow to appreciate what a great trail it is and what an epic adventure it was.

Comment

Lol like those pink Barbie traxs lol. I scored a deal on them on a close out like $85 so I figured wth lol. I ran 14psi yes a little rash but I found ace bbq paint matches perfectly and now they look new again. If it were say 500 miles away I might consider it again but it is too far to go back. I'm glad it's off the bucket list tho. It really makes me appreciate how tough jeeps are tho. Do that trail jump on the interstate at 80mph for 1200 miles and smooth as silk. I tell you and bob will too, my r/t's are boss on that type of terrain. Only way they would have been better is if they were 37's. Thanks for the trip advice it was very useful. Hey we got to meet Eddie from way a life and he is a stuck up twerp. Stayed right next to me at the motel and would not acknowledge me if two feet away in the parking lot. We were done with trail and unloading mine and bobs only rigs in the lot he parks way away and does not even look at me when he has to walk by as I'm unloading it was obvious we were just getting off the trail. I won't watch his videos again

Comment

Crap I see what you mean I loaded them in the wrong order. You can view oldest to newest but I can't seem to change it to auto load that way.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffd View Post
                              Lol like those pink Barbie traxs lol. I scored a deal on them on a close out like $85 so I figured wth lol. I ran 14psi yes a little rash but I found ace bbq paint matches perfectly and now they look new again. If it were say 500 miles away I might consider it again but it is too far to go back. I'm glad it's off the bucket list tho. It really makes me appreciate how tough jeeps are tho. Do that trail jump on the interstate at 80mph for 1200 miles and smooth as silk. I tell you and bob will too, my r/t's are boss on that type of terrain. Only way they would have been better is if they were 37's. Thanks for the trip advice it was very useful. Hey we got to meet Eddie from way a life and he is a stuck up twerp. Stayed right next to me at the motel and would not acknowledge me if two feet away in the parking lot. We were done with trail and unloading mine and bobs only rigs in the lot he parks way away and does not even look at me when he has to walk by as I'm unloading it was obvious we were just getting off the trail. I won't watch his videos again
                              I have left the forum . I am now a member of Wayalife !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X