No announcement yet.

Rubicon Trail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no motels on the trail and it would be a long ass day to make it thru in a day. So yes camping but there is awesome camp spots. You need to be totally self sufficient on the trail as help is not a phone call away as there is no cell service.
    Last edited by jeffd; 09-17-2016, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bathindian View Post
      Is camping required to do the trail or its optional ? I am sure you get to enjoy more with camping but I am curious how Tj guys are fitting all the stuff in the jeep especially with 2 passengers (wife and a Kid).
      It would be tight be quite possible. I did a 5 day, multiple destinations, camping trip out of a 2015 Challenger SRT8. It probably has similar cargo room as a TJ.
      Chris Holt
      Marketing Associate, AEV
      248-926-0256 x272
      cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

Originally posted by forsakenfuture View Post
        Just out of curiosity would a stock Rubicon be able to make it across the Rubicon?
        We had an LJ on 33" in our group make it...but he's wheeled this trail for 30 years...

FCA was doing a commercial while we were there...and a bone stock Grand Cherokee was doing the trail same direction as us from Loon Lake...and an army of rock stackers accompanied them...

So to answer your question?... I would say yes, but expect some rocker panel damage, and check your steering components before heading out on the highway...

Comment

Originally posted by Rexjc View Post
          Great pictures. The Rubicon trail is a must-do for anyone who loves Jeeping and camping. Always good to see a really nicely built up Jeep used the way it was designed for. How did everything work on the trail (RTT, awning, fridge/freezer, etc.)? Anything that you would change/recommend? Here's a link to more pictures of the Rubicon trail. http://forum.aev-conversions.com/sho...t=9227&page=23
          ARB fridge is a blessing...no ice to carry. Helps to have dual Optima yellowtops with an isolator (which I did)...and next time, I'd leave the rooftop tent at home to be lighter & lower cog...

I'm going to run it with my JK6 next year with 40's...it'll be easier. Just shipped my Anvil JKU to Hawaii...

Comment

Originally posted by Brute View Post
            We had an LJ on 33" in our group make it...but he's wheeled this trail for 30 years...

FCA was doing a commercial while we were there...and a bone stock Grand Cherokee was doing the trail same direction as us from Loon Lake...and an army of rock stackers accompanied them...

So to answer your question?... I would say yes, but expect some rocker panel damage, and check your steering components before heading out on the highway...
            An LJ on 33's should be better than a stock jk. I'm jonsing for an LJ.

Comment

Those are GREAT pics of the Rubicon. Some of the MUCH better one's then I've seen. Thanks for sharing. I NEED to do this trail.

Ben
              Ben Hedrick
              www.BenHedrick.com
              HEDRICK Speedsports

"Ive got a Jeep problem"
              2007 5.7L HEMI Sahara Unlimited - Sold
              2010 6.1L HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
              2011 6.4L (392) HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
              2002 4.0L AEV Brute - Sold
              2003 6.4L "Stroker" HEMI AEV Brute - Sold
              2005 4.0L SC AEV K9 Brute - Sold
              2014 345 HEMI Rubicon Xpo Adventurer