Build a $100,000 trip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build a $100,000 trip

I'll be starting my journey from Detroit, Michigan in a 2016 AEV JK350. I have two small dogs coming with me as well. Where would you go and what would you do?

I'd invest it looking to earn 6-10% per year and use that new wealth to fund an adventure every year to places I've yet to travel too.
    Matt Sullivan

Comment

No offense but I'm looking for fun adventures, not investment plans.

Comment

The Darien gap
        "Dont wish for it,work for it."
        2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

I would plan a liquor tour. Go see the great breweries, wineries, and distilleries of this country. While making stops at off road parks along the way. Document your trip and meet up with other forum members along the way. That trip could literally take you from coast to coast with something to do every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd go on an epic road trip. From Detroit I'd head West and check out Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole, then head up Glacier NP, then go into Canada up to Banff take the ice fields pkwy to Jasper NP, then head back towards Kootenai NF and see Kootenai Falls, then head west into Idaho, then over to Washington to the Northern Cascades then head north to Alaska, if I decided to come back I'd head south down the west coast, see the Redwoods, Mt. Shasta, then head back east and do the Rubicon, then Yosemite NP, Death Valley, Bryce Canyon NP, Zion, Capital Reef.....and so on

2008 SILVER JKUR 5.7 HEMI
            2014 GRANITE CRYSTAL JK350 5.7 HEMI VVT

B.J.

Comment

Do you have a time limit and when do plan to start?

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                I'll be starting my journey from Detroit, Michigan in a 2016 AEV JK350. I have two small dogs coming with me as well. Where would you go and what would you do?
                I would check out the Mojave desert. It's a great time of year for Death Valley, the Mojave trail, Joshua tree, Big Bear Lake, I think its to late in the year to run the Rubicon trail or Dusy Ershim trail, There are some great trails in UT & AZ. But it all comes down to the time of year. Here is a link to some great guide books.
                http://expeditionready.net/Guide-Books_c100.htm

Hope this helps.

Leigh

Comment

My start date will be between now and spring. Nothing specific yet. I'm also considering shipping my Jeep over seas to include Europe but I don't know where to start with the logistics. Diesel vs gas etc...I would love to see Romania

Comment

If you have not seen Yellowstone, everyone needs to see it at least once.
                    "Dont wish for it,work for it."
                    2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

I'm confused by the $100,000 thing? Are you saying that you want to spend $100,000 while out exploring? Seems like an odd way to start a potential epic adventure. Maybe it's just me.

I'll get outta here.

Ben
                      Ben Hedrick
                      www.BenHedrick.com
                      HEDRICK Speedsports

"Ive got a Jeep problem"
                      2007 5.7L HEMI Sahara Unlimited - Sold
                      2010 6.1L HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
                      2011 6.4L (392) HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
                      2002 4.0L AEV Brute - Sold
                      2003 6.4L "Stroker" HEMI AEV Brute - Sold
                      2005 4.0L SC AEV K9 Brute - Sold
                      2014 345 HEMI Rubicon Xpo Adventurer
                      2000 4.0L AEV 112 Long Wheelbase
                      2006 4.0L AEV Brute Rubicon

Comment

based on timeline of now thru spring you will miss the coolest stuff the west has to offer ie rubicon, dusy ershim, san juan area of Colorado etc. Both Glacier and Yellowstone are cool in the winter but only if you are into snowshowing and/or XC skiing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Hedrick View Post
                          I'm confused by the $100,000 thing? Are you saying that you want to spend $100,000 while out exploring? Seems like an odd way to start a potential epic adventure. Maybe it's just me.

I'll get outta here.

Ben

Agreed

2008 SILVER JKUR 5.7 HEMI
                          2014 GRANITE CRYSTAL JK350 5.7 HEMI VVT

B.J.

Comment

http://theroadchoseme.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            Matt Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepin View Post
                              http://theroadchoseme.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Thank you for the link. This is what I had in mind but more USA, maybe Central America, South America. The $100,000 portion is what I what I'm willing to spend during the journey. It could be on gas, food, equipment, shipping etc. I don't really have a start or end date set so I'm open to ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X