The Utah Traverse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Utah Traverse

I think Sinhue would say that plotting your route is half the fun. I have my own version of this route. And I'm completing the second half of it this Spring.

I'd recommend downloading google earth files for Utah trails and then connecting them together to create the route. There are tons of options.
    2014 Granite JKUR w/expo stuff

Comment

Sometimes designing your own "wheel" from scratch is fun. Most of the time, it's just inefficient use of time. Stitching google earth tracks together is not my ideal of fun. It's like some people would rather buy an AEV vehicle completely finished, others want to bolt parts on, and other want to build their own parts.

I was hoping to utilize another's previously developed route to kickstart my adventure.
      2012 JKUR 3.5"SC 37s etc
      2002 BMW E46 M3 (in need of LSX power)

Comment

Originally posted by wannarun View Post
        Sometimes designing your own "wheel" from scratch is fun. Most of the time, it's just inefficient use of time. Stitching google earth tracks together is not my ideal of fun. It's like some people would rather buy an AEV vehicle completely finished, others want to bolt parts on, and other want to build their own parts.

I was hoping to utilize another's previously developed route to kickstart my adventure.
        But for some people that's like giving away their secret fishing spot. I'll keep you posted. My route is a stitched together route. So I'd like to go make sure it works, and share the actual resulting breadcrumb trail instead of hand traced tracks that might not work. But that's part of the adventure. I also think hema is releasing something like this soon.

Comment

When are you starting your route? 4 weeks away for me
          2012 JKUR 3.5"SC 37s etc
          2002 BMW E46 M3 (in need of LSX power)

Comment

I'm going in late April. Otherwise you'd have to bypass The snow over the la sal mountains.

Comment

Working...
            X