Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Road Chose Me: Driving an AEV equipped JKUR around Africa - 2+ years & 80,000mi.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

I have just posted a new video on YouTube, this one is about the 6 weeks I spent exploring all over Angola.

It's only the second country on the entire continent I have extended my visa in, so you can imagine how much I enjoyed my time there.
    Angola really has everything you can imagine, and now the visa is getting easier and easier to get. I hear some nationalities can now get it on arrival at the border. Sweet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOfaGlI_KGo

For anyone thinking about it, get yourself to Angola!

-Dan
    Africa circumnavigation in a Jeep Wrangler @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina in a TJ)
    --
    Follow: Facebook / YouTube
    --
    WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

Comment

Hi All,

Everyone always asks how the Jeep is running, if there have been any failures and what work I have had to do to it.

All the details on all the Maintenance, repairs and some key upgrades I have done to the Jeep are in the latest FREE edition of JPFreek Adventure Magazine - you can read the article here - JPFreek Adventure Magazine Spring 2018 Page 64

Fire away with any questions you have about everything.

The Jeep should be good now for another 40,000 miles on the famous Cape to Cairo run on the East Coast!

-Dan
      Africa circumnavigation in a Jeep Wrangler @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina in a TJ)
      --
      --
      WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

Comment

Hi All,

After over 6,500 miles through South Africa, I cut through Swaziland briefly, and now I I have driven into country number 23, Mozambique!

The border crossing was easy and hassle-free. I was told becuase it was raining there would be no Poilce to bribe me on the roads. Perfect!

More: http://theroadchoseme.com/into-mozambique

From the capital of Maputo I have moved up the coast and found paradise in the little beach side town of Tofo. I rented a surfboard and am now living the beach life!

More: http://theroadchoseme.com/tofo-mozambique

Speaking Portuguese again is great fun, the water is warm and the beers are cold and cheap. I suspect I might stay a while!

-Dan
        --
        --

Comment

Just bought the E version of Volume 1. My wife and I are doing West Texas to Ketchikan via Calgary and back through Vancouver BC and down the western side of the Rockies next fall. Curious to see where you went along the way and what I might have missed in our loosely planned routes. Safe travels!

Comment

Working...
          X