Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Road Chose Me: Driving an AEV equipped JKUR around Africa - 2+ years & 80,000mi.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

I imagine everyone has tons of questions about the whole expedition, so I'm doing an "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit.com right now.

Come on over and ask me absolutely anything about the expedition.

It's all on the table - safety, money, health, budget, visas, route, people, animals, the Jeep.

You ask it, I'll answer it.

Go here: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen..._said_i_would/

-Dan

-Dan
    Africa circumnavigation in a Jeep Wrangler @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina in a TJ)
    --
    Follow: Facebook / YouTube
    --
    WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

Comment

Very cool! I can’t wait to get your book off amazon!

Comment

Did you have any safety concerns? I know several of those countries basically have no government and are pretty much lawless.

Comment

Originally posted by Explorerinil View Post
          Did you have any safety concerns? I know several of those countries basically have no government and are pretty much lawless.
          Nothing major, no. I never had a gun in my face, never saw violence, was never threatened.
          In fact, I never heard a single gunshot for the entire time I was on the continent.

Also, there really are only one or two countries that have "basically no government and a lawless", and only in very isolated regions of those countries.
          The very vast majority of countries have police and military that are just as professional as what we have in our own countries.

-Dan
          Africa circumnavigation in a Jeep Wrangler @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina in a TJ)
          --
          --
          WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

Comment

Hi All,

I'm moving around North America displaying the Jeep and giving presentations and talks about what I've done.

This weekend I'm at the Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival in Butler County, Pennsylvania. It's been great to meet so many people that have followed, and even a ton of people that had no idea what Overlanding is, but are stoked to get out there and have adventures.

Last night I took the Jeep into downtown Butler, PA for the "Jeep Invasion" where they shut down the city with a ton of cool Jeeps on display. It was a great night, and the Jeep stood out like a sore thumb with the roof up.

I'm at Bantam all weekend, come on by and say hello!

-Dan

--
            --

Comment

Working...
            X