Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rubicon

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rubicon

    I have wanted to run the Rubicon Trail for years. It finally happened last week. I was fortunate enough to go with a great group of friends that made for a trip I will never forget. The Rubicon didn't disappoint, beautiful scenery and great wheeling!
    Attached Files

  • #2
    It's on my bucket list! I like your pix. Do you have more?

    Comment


    • #3
      On my bucket list too. Wish it was not 3K+ miles away...
      KB1TFH
      ----------------
      '08 Rubicon Unlimited in Jeep Green
      3.5" AEV SC Lift, RockHard Skids, OR-FAB Gas Can/Tire Carrier, ShrockWorks Mid Front Bumper, Warn XD9000i Front Winch, Warn Magnum 9K Rear Winch, Smuggler rear Winch Bumper, Hi-Lift Xtreme Jack, Blitz Gerry Cans, Warn SPI Compressor, etc... ...and a distinct lack of skill using it all.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SiliconTi
        On my bucket list too. Wish it was not 3K+ miles away...

        No joke!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by code3lg
          I have wanted to run the Rubicon Trail for years. It finally happened last week. I was fortunate enough to go with a great group of friends that made for a trip I will never forget. The Rubicon didn't disappoint, beautiful scenery and great wheeling!
          What hood am I looking at here? Looks like the AEV hood, but the vents are fins instead of a grate, and the windshield stops and Mopar bra strap loop are present. Was that a custom fab on an AEV hood?
          2009 JK Rubi (4DR, Det. Yellow)
          AEV: 3.5" SC, Fr/Rr Bumpers w/ all works, Corner Guards, Rr Diff Slider, Hood, Snorkel, Pre-Filter, Savegres

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JKMax
            What hood am I looking at here? Looks like the AEV hood, but the vents are fins instead of a grate, and the windshield stops and Mopar bra strap loop are present. Was that a custom fab on an AEV hood?
            No, it's the Mopar 10A/X hood.
            Jeff

            2013 Sahara
            AEV 2.5 XT lift, front/rear bumpers, hood, argent Pintlers, 315/70/17 Duratracs

            Comment


            • #7
              Yup, 10a hood. Here are a couple more pics.
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8
                Great pictures. Heading up there in September to run it for the first time. Can't wait. After I get back, I'll add some pictures to the thread.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Rexjc
                  Great pictures. Heading up there in September to run it for the first time. Can't wait. After I get back, I'll add some pictures to the thread.
                  Rex,

                  I ran it back in 1985 and it's well worth the trip!! You might as well do the Sierra Trek while you are there. The Dusy Ersham trail was the hardest back then, lot's of tree scrapes. We took two weeks and it worked out great.
                  2012 JK 2 Door 2.5" AEV lift/ Fuel Hostage17 x 9 wheels, with Nitto 295x70 x 17 Tires. Warn Vr8000, Elite Bumper, LOD rear bumper, Teraflex tire carrier. Wife's Jeep!

                  My Jeep. 2014 JKU, 6.4L Hemi AEV kit, 2.5" AEV lift, 35" Duratrac's. Gen Right aluminum bumpers, Warn VR 8000 winch. Pro Rock 44.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by scubatech
                    Rex,

                    I ran it back in 1985 and it's well worth the trip!! You might as well do the Sierra Trek while you are there. The Dusy Ersham trail was the hardest back then, lot's of tree scrapes. We took two weeks and it worked out great.
                    Had originally signed on with a group that was going to run the Dusy Ersham trail, but things came up and the trip was cancelled, so I decided to run the Rubicon trail. It's a 10 hour drive to the start of the Rubicon trail versus 7 hours to the Dusy Ersham, but it's been on my bucket list for some time. Hope to run the Dusy Ersham trial next year. Just re-watched the 4 minute AEV video on the Rubicon http://vimeo.com/82971091 Can't wait.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Rex,

                      There is a good one on the Tera Flex site too, with some good history. The sluice boxes were really challenging back then. I think they've made some changes over the years to get everyone over it. That trail has Moab level popularity.
                      2012 JK 2 Door 2.5" AEV lift/ Fuel Hostage17 x 9 wheels, with Nitto 295x70 x 17 Tires. Warn Vr8000, Elite Bumper, LOD rear bumper, Teraflex tire carrier. Wife's Jeep!

                      My Jeep. 2014 JKU, 6.4L Hemi AEV kit, 2.5" AEV lift, 35" Duratrac's. Gen Right aluminum bumpers, Warn VR 8000 winch. Pro Rock 44.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎