Bison/Colorado Parts Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison/Colorado Parts Questions

I was wondering if AEV or some of the more knowledgeable forum members here could help me out with a few questions about AEV Colorado parts.

1. Does AEV make any changes to the ZR2 suspension on the bison? Is there any additional lift or is it still the stock Multimatic DSSVTM system?I could have sworn I read somewhere that AEV added a little bit of lift but I could be entirely wrong.
    2. Will AEV be selling the Bison front and rear bumpers individually and not only on a Bison? Meaning, if I have a Colorado already, can I order the bumpers from AEV? What about the five skid plate armor as well? And what about the fender flares?

Any help on this would be great! Thanks AEV for making such great products.

1. No
    2. Yes
    "Dont wish for it,work for it."
    2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-AEV dual sport 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets- Tire carrier with fuel caddy-AEV/Rhino rack roof rack-buffalo key chain

Comment

Hahah thanks for the straight forward response forsakenfuture . And I am assuming in typical AEV fashion they are being very hush hush on when that may or may not be?

Comment

Originally posted by BlowFish12 View Post
        Hahah thanks for the straight forward response forsakenfuture . And I am assuming in typical AEV fashion they are being very hush hush on when that may or may not be?
        We actually have been very open about availability for the Colorado parts. This is definitely a different type of launch for us. We will be able to sell all the parts once the Bison starts hitting dealer lots early 2019.
        Chris Holt
        Marketing Associate, AEV
        248-926-0256 x272
        cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Chris View Post

We actually have been very open about availability for the Colorado parts. This is definitely a different type of launch for us. We will be able to sell all the parts once the Bison starts hitting dealer lots early 2019.
          Woah! Seriously AEV Chris ?? So all Bison parts will be available for individual purchase early 2019 once the Bison hits the lot? Ok time to rethink some strategy here...

Comment

Woah! Seriously AEV Chris ?? So all Bison parts will be available for individual purchase early 2019 once the Bison hits the lot? Ok time to rethink some strategy here...
            Correct, all Bison parts plus more parts available from us.
            Chris Holt
            Marketing Associate, AEV
            248-926-0256 x272

Comment

Correct, all Bison parts plus more parts available from us.
              What other parts we talking about here??

Comment

What other parts we talking about here??
                Mostly some of the stuff you saw on the concept, not all of the more complicated parts though like the switch panel, etc.
                Chris Holt
                Marketing Associate, AEV
                248-926-0256 x272

Comment

Mostly some of the stuff you saw on the concept, not all of the more complicated parts though like the switch panel, etc.
                  Does AEV have any thoughts/hopes around doing a dual sport lift or similar for non-ZR2 model Colorado's?

Comment

Does AEV have any thoughts/hopes around doing a dual sport lift or similar for non-ZR2 model Colorado's?
                    You never know but it is not a major priority at this time.
                    Chris Holt
                    Marketing Associate, AEV
                    248-926-0256 x272

Comment

You never know but it is not a major priority at this time.
                      Makes sense. AEV has a lot going on. Out of curiosity, do all the AEV Bison parts also fit Crew Cab Long Box Colorado's? I am assuming the bumpers wouldnt be a big deal and should bolt right up, and most of the skids too (maybe the fuel tank skid might not be as long? not sure?). What about fender flares? I am sure they would fit but I am guessing the one may look a little weird on the rear drivers side since the fuel tank cap isnt as close to the wheel well on the long box models. Any thoughts?

Comment

Makes sense. AEV has a lot going on. Out of curiosity, do all the AEV Bison parts also fit Crew Cab Long Box Colorado's? I am assuming the bumpers wouldnt be a big deal and should bolt right up, and most of the skids too (maybe the fuel tank skid might not be as long? not sure?). What about fender flares? I am sure they would fit but I am guessing the one may look a little weird on the rear drivers side since the fuel tank cap isnt as close to the wheel well on the long box models. Any thoughts?
                        They fit all 2015+ Colorados regardless of trim/cab/bed configurations.
                        Chris Holt
                        Marketing Associate, AEV
                        248-926-0256 x272

Comment

AEV Chris, have you guys had the chance to take a look to see if any of the parts (other than the snorkel) will jive with the Colorado’s ugly (well, not so ugly) twin? My fingers are crossed that bumper and front fenders are compatible...
                          Last edited by ChrisU; 12-06-2018, 08:05 AM.

Comment

....I am talking about the Canyon. We know the snorkel is a no-go, I’m assuming the Crestone’s will fit. What else?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisU View Post
                              ....I am talking about the Canyon. We know the snorkel is a no-go, I’m assuming the Crestone’s will fit. What else?
                              As of right now just the Crestone and possibly the rear bumper, but that is it as far as we know.
                              Chris Holt
                              Marketing Associate, AEV
                              248-926-0256 x272

Comment

Working...
                              X