Spare tire mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare tire mount

Dan mentioned he put on 34 inch tires in the 21 minute in-depth,walk around video. Is that a 34" in the spare mount? I will be getting a bison by mid summer and really don't want to have a spare mounted on the back unless it's my only option. And speaking of options, if a 34" cant fit under, do you guys plan on a bumper swing gate spare mount?

A 33" will not fit underneath the bed. We have seen a few people on forums do it with 33s but with modifications, like the exhaust heat shield removal. A small 32" may fit but the best bet would be the factory size. We used a universal vertical mount on our SEMA Truck which would be the best option we have right now. We do no plan on diving into a swing out mount at this time. Once you get into that territory, things start to get pretty bulky and look out of place. It would be difficult to make it functional and look good whole also being practical. We have investigated in for a couple years for the Ram trucks but that is tough as well for trucks using 37-40" tires.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Chris. Might make me think about going with 33's instead of 34's. Remove the heat shield and redirect the exhaust. The stock position of the exhaust needed mod anyways.

Comment

I wish i had the room. My hunting rig needs a shell, dog kennels and additional space in the bed. Gonna be a tough fit but this truck is exactly what i have been dreaming of for years. Thanks for the idea Lucky

Comment

Originally posted by Chukartime View Post
          I wish I had the room. My hunting rig needs a shell, dog kennels and additional space in the bed. Gonna be a tough fit but this truck is exactly what I have been dreaming of for years. Thanks for the idea Lucky
          You could put it on the outside of your shell if you get a more rigid one. Kind of like how Aussies put in on the outside of their PCORs or other shells. makes it a little more top-heavy and awkward. I want to do a setup like the dirty thirty from 4WD Action if AEV ever comes out with a tray bed

Comment

Working...
          X