SEMA concept lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEMA concept lift

On the SEMA truck, there was a 1.5" lift on the ZR2 to clear 35"s. Given that this truck is basically a half ton truck, that shouldn't be too much of an issue. Dave Harriton's truck on Expedition Overland has a 3/4 leveling kit. Any direction from AEV concerning this? Something coming down the line from AEV?

Which SEMA truck are you referring to?...the original tan concept truck from 2017 had the complete GMPP long travel suspension + a 1.5" GMPP body lift + alot of cutting to clear 35's. Our red SEMA truck from 2018 had the GMPP leveling kit + trimming to clear 295/70R17 (tall 33") but I would not recommend that size...I feel it is a bit too wide for that truck. 285's would be a better choice with a leveling kit.
    Matt Feldermann
    Marketing Manager, AEV

Comment

On the red SEMA truck, you say there was the GMPP leveling kit that I assume would include the High Angle Upper Control Arm. Did you also include Plunging Ball Spline Half Shaft System like GM recommends on their performance parts spec sheet?

Comment

Originally posted by dsmithers View Post
        On the red SEMA truck, you say there was the GMPP leveling kit that I assume would include the High Angle Upper Control Arm. Did you also include Plunging Ball Spline Half Shaft System like GM recommends on their performance parts spec sheet?
        Would also like to know if these GMPP parts were all used on the red truck.

Comment

Originally posted by AEV_Matt View Post
          Which SEMA truck are you referring to?...the original tan concept truck from 2017 had the complete GMPP long travel suspension + a 1.5" GMPP body lift + alot of cutting to clear 35's. Our red SEMA truck from 2018 had the GMPP leveling kit + trimming to clear 295/70R17 (tall 33") but I would not recommend that size...I feel it is a bit too wide for that truck. 285's would be a better choice with a leveling kit.
          Matt, does the gmpp 1.5 " body lift work with the bison bumpers and winch mount? I have a factory Bison

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Nicholson View Post

Matt, does the gmpp 1.5 " body lift work with the bison bumpers and winch mount? I have a factory Bison
            Bump! AEV_Matt

I have a stock ZR2 and looking at the GMPP body lift as well as the Bison front bumper.
            Last edited by dsmithers; 10-23-2019, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Nicholson View Post

No. It would be a tremendous amount of work to make it all work as designed, especially in the front where the bumper and skid plates are all integrated. Hall Racing modified the Bison rear bumper on their ZR2 race truck to work with a 1.5" body lift, but that was also ALOT of work because the corner tubes attach to the chassis. I wouldn't recommend it.
              Matt Feldermann
              Marketing Manager, AEV

Comment

Working...
              X