Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cavillac95
    replied

what is the biggest tire you can run on the bison?

Leave a comment:

• Bow_Tied
    replied
    Originally posted by DeadRedHead View Post
    Is there any way to trim the stock Bison bumpers to fit 35's Because I want that exact same size and stance as the Bison concept from SEMA. That concept seemed to be on 35's but had the exact same look as the OEM bison fender flares
    My assumption was suspension and/or body lifts but this would be good to know. in detail.

Leave a comment:

• DeadRedHead
    replied
    Is there any way to trim the stock Bison bumpers to fit 35's Because I want that exact same size and stance as the Bison concept from SEMA. That concept seemed to be on 35's but had the exact same look as the OEM bison fender flares

Leave a comment:

• cavillac95
    replied
    what is the biggest tire you can run on the bison?

Leave a comment:

• Jamie Nicholson
    replied
    I am curious if the bodylift kits will include the bison front and rear bumper brackets, and how that would affect the strength of the front winch mount?

Leave a comment:

• bwawuz02
    replied
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you check out this video around 7:20 he explains that the GMPP leveling kit is designed in two pieces because the DSSV dampers require it to function correctly. I hope the aftermarket leveling kits that aren't designed in the same manner aren't prematurely wearing folks DSSVs.

Leave a comment:

• chip2019
    replied
    Originally posted by Tspartan View Post
    I agree with Chip. I installed the black lettering all the way around my rig and I love it. Bison Bomber your rig looks sweet with the bigger tires. I put 32" Copper STT Pros on my rig just don't want to deal with trimming right now.
    Looks nice Tspartan. I have a white one as well. Just starting to upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• Tspartan
    replied
    I got the black lettering off a seller on Ebay. Super easy install. I just used a heat gun and lightly went over the letters on the truck then used fishing line in a zig zag motion and it cut through the adhesive and took the letters right off. Used goo gone to take off whatever adhesive was left on the body of the vehicle. The bed rack is a KB Voodoo and I absolutely love it. Yeah i can't use the Diamondback the way it was meant to be used as far as opening but for me it was all about security for all the things I store in my bed. Just installed the Prinsu roof rack and I am loving that as well. Last Mod will be installing my comeup winch when the fairlead is released. This has been my dream build overlanding rig.

Leave a comment:

• BisonBomber
    replied
    I agree with Chip. I installed the black lettering all the way around my rig and I love it. Bison Bomber your rig looks sweet with the bigger tires. I put 32" Copper STT Pros on my rig just don't want to deal with trimming right now.
    Thanks Chip and Tspartan! I hadn't even considered that but I think you both are totally right. Where did you get yours Tspartan? Are they a pain to install?

Your setup is super badass Tspartan! What rack do you have on the Diamondback cover and how do you like it? I have a Frontrunner rack for the cab and having been trying to find something for the bed. However, I thought this might really interfere with the Diamondback's usability. Are you happy that you got it?

Leave a comment:

• bwawuz02
    replied
    Had these on my tacoma, great tire and perfect size for no trimming. I'm contemplating a 275/65 or 285/60 18 for the bison, though.

Leave a comment:

• Tspartan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chip2019
    replied
    Looks nice BisonBomber. Really like the red and black combo. The blacked out Colorado lettering on the doors would finish it off.

Leave a comment:

• BisonBomber
    replied
    Originally posted by chip2019 View Post
    Sounds good BisonBomber. Look forward to the pics.
    Here are some pics. It's been a bit of an adventure. To get these tires on, I ended up needing to run 1" spacers. There's some rubbing on the interior well trim that needs to get trimmed as well. With a body lift, the trimming may not be necessary, but I can't seem to find a body lift kit for diesels. Rough Country and Chevy performance kits are V6 only.

These are 285/70R17 Goodrich KM3s installed on the stock bison wheels.

Leave a comment:

• bwawuz02
    replied
    https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/colorado/off-road

The ZR2 Front Leveling Kit with High-Angle Upper Control Arms increases front ride height by up to 1 ΒΌ inches, levels vehicle stance and provides a greater approach angle, all of which help enable the use of popular off-road tire combinations. High-angle upper control arms maintain optimal joint articulation for increased front suspension travel and upgraded ball joints increase cross car articulation by up to 18%. The sealed ball joint and boot design based on Chevrolet Performance standards provides a protected environment from off road elements. This system provides additional integration with the DSSV Damper Spool Valves to maintain the factory ride quality of stock ZR2. Chevrolet Performance recommend use with: Ball Spline Half Shafts (84429060), Front Jounce Shock System (84403780) and Tie Rod Sleeve System (84419134)

Vehicle Applications: 2017+ Colorado ZR2 with 3.6L Gas V6 or 2.8L Diesel
    Not compatible with: ZR2 Front Long Travel DSSV Shocks (84402367)

PART NO. 84621360

Leave a comment:

• chip2019
    replied
    Sounds good BisonBomber. Look forward to the pics.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X