Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front License Plate Mounting Options with new Fair Lead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front License Plate Mounting Options with new Fair Lead?

For those of us that are in states that require front license plates are there going to be any options or suggestions for how to mount the plate with the new fair lead when those are released? Love the Flipster by Cascadia 4x4 but because of the the unique shape of the AEV fair lead and bumper it won't work. Anyone else come up with a idea or spot to mount the front license plate?

As of right now there is no provision for a front license plate if you are using a winch, aside from drilling two holes. We are however working on a more user-friendly solution to accommodate both a license plate and a winch.
    Matt Feldermann
    Marketing Manager, AEV

Comment

Originally posted by AEV_Matt View Post
      As of right now there is no provision for a front license plate if you are using a winch, aside from drilling two holes. We are however working on a more user-friendly solution to accommodate both a license plate and a winch.
      Thanks for the update Matt. Take care

Comment

Originally posted by AEV_Matt View Post
        Good evening Matt, any progress on this license plate solution? Is it being designed to work with the existing winch mount kit, or will it be a while updated version? My state requires plates. Trying to figure out if i should wait for this new design or if it will be an add on. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mmalmstein View Post

Good evening Matt, any progress on this license plate solution? Is it being designed to work with the existing winch mount kit, or will it be a while updated version? My state requires plates. Trying to figure out if i should wait for this new design or if it will be an add on. Thanks!
          Malmstein I just ended up drilling two holes below the base of the fairlead into the skid plate and attaching my front license plate via security bolts. Actually looks really nice. Just bent the license plate a little to follow the curvature of the skid so as not to screw it up when rock crawling

Comment

One like this came with my truck, but it was all plastic. It works great and no drilling.

https://www.amazon.com/Smittybilt-44...BJRV1QTFF0G5TR

Comment

Working...
            X