Camera/In front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera/In front

I just finished up doing 700 dirt miles along the Arizona Strip. Great adventure. I'm realizing that when you have an upward slope angle. You have a major blind spot. Very hard to calculate what's in front of you.
    So my thinking is. Jeep Gladiator put a camera on their frontend. I'm assuming same reason (major blind spot). Is it possible to incorporate a frontend camera into the info center on Bison?
    Any guesses...... Feed back much appreiated.......CW
    Last edited by cw90yj; 10-11-2019, 04:20 PM.

CW I completely agree on the blind spot. There is a video on Youtube of a guy installing a front end camera on a ZR2 that is integrated with the touchscreen. I will try and find the link and post it. Cheers

Comment

https://youtu.be/XZlv8fvWidA

Comment

Originally posted by cw90yj View Post
        I just finished up doing 700 dirt miles along the Arizona Strip. Great adventure. I'm realizing that when you have an upward slope angle. You have a major blind spot. Very hard to calculate what's in front of you.
        So my thinking is. Jeep Gladiator put a camera on their frontend. I'm assuming same reason (major blind spot). Is it possible to incorporate a frontend camera into the info center on Bison?
        Any guesses...... Feed back much appreiated.......CW
        EDIT

In the ZR2zone forum, there is some discussion that the infotainment system was modified for the 2019+ model years. I guess the jacks that were used on previous years we modified and no longer work with the third party external cameras that even GM sells.

Forum post -> https://zr2zone.com/2019-front-camera-t1035.html
        Last edited by dsmithers; 10-23-2019, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the info..... As always. Never easy...….

Comment

Working...
          X